"What?" I blurted out while watching Ainsley being yanked off the ground by her arms. 

I watched her stand beside me as the officers did handcuffed us together while bickering with each other and I couldn't help but see something different in her. 

Ainsley was soaked in her outfit, her hair was damp and in all sorts of places, her make up which was nicely done before was barely there and smudged and her posture wasn't how it always had been which was nice and straight, she had been slouching and looked tiresome and she was giving me a sad smile while tears were daring to spill.

"We're best friends, right?" I asked her unexpectedly. She raised a brow at me before responding. 

"Right."

"That's how it's supposed to be right?" She looked unsure of what I was asking. It was odd because we were kinda dating. 

"Right."

I then asked something that I never thought I'd ever ask her. That question shook the both of us. The question that proved everything. 

"Then why am I wishing for you to say wrong?" 

Tears blurred my vision and I took a deep breath though it had been shaky and before anyone could react or even mutter a word, I was pulled away with her following behind me like a lost puppy. 

-------------

"Forward." The photographer guy instructed before raising a brow at our hands. "Why in the hell are they handcuffed together?"

"Allen forgot the damn cuffs."

"Well shit, I'm sorry that they called me unexpectedly to pick up two thieves while I was watching Grey's Anatomy." The guy who was named Allen scoffed and crossed his arms against his chest. 

The photographer sighed before taking the picture of us. He continued with more pictures with us facing to the left and then to the right before the officers finally took the cuffs off and placed us in a cell. 

I didn't utter a word to Ainsley. I was too terrified, too shocked. 

I wished for her to say wrong. I didn't want to be best friends with her because I...I was in love with her. I was actually in love with her...again. For real this time. It might had been confusing for her because she thought we were already in love and together.

Maybe while getting into the relationship, I had already had feelings for her and maybe...just maybe I was too stupid enough to realize.

"Reyna?"

Hearing her voice caused an unsettling realization. I could just imagine her saying my name after she found out about the secret plan to ruin her life, her shaky voice with a hint of desperation and an answer, her begging me to tell her that It wasn't true and that I'd never do her like that. All of that in her sweet voice. 

The guilt had finally weighed down on me. I had enough. 

No more plans, no more secrets, no more hiding. 

"You look so scared." She asked while her left hand was stroking my cheek, her thumb wiping away the tear that had came down. "What's wrong?"

"I-" I cut myself off, gulping down nervously. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. This was it. I was going to do it.

I was going to tell her everything and this could either make us stronger than ever, to not let anything or anyone in between us ever again, to be the closest we could be, as best friend or a couple I didn't care at that moment. 

Or this would crush us entirely, her losing complete trust in me and I'd lose her forever. 

Whichever was going to happen, I was okay with. I was going to suck it up and I was going to tell her everything. I looked back up at her, tired now soaking my cheeks. I'm so sorry Ainsley. 

"I have to tell you something."

-------

Hi guys!

well well well...you all have stumbled upon a cliffhanger

lmao a very big one. 

what did you guys think of this chapter? And them getting arrested out of no where. (if it's not obvious enough, they were falsely arrested)

oh and btw in this chapter it mentions the UK having police brutality. I'm not from the UK so I don't really know if they have what we have here in the US which is officers hurting people (most of them being african americans) so please do not get offended any UK people. this is pure fiction and i'm not trying to bash the UK at all.

I'll see you all in the next update.