Night 3 Part 1

Matthew's day passed on like normal; after he finished his shift and got home, he immediately collapsed right on his bed. The night before had taken a toll on him. But since it was technically morning right now, his internal clock was all messed up, and he only ended up taking a five hour nap. He awoke not feeling any better, but figured some food and exercise would do him some good.

Quickly changing out of his uniform, Matthew went and had small breakfast, which consisted of nothing more than a couple bagels with cream cheese. After that, he sat down and read his new book from the local library for another half hour. It wasn't anything super special. In fact, it was kinda cliche, a group of teenagers discovering that they had superpowers and were on the run from the government while simultaneously trying to save the world. Looking back up at the clock, he realized that it was noon. Putting the book down, Matthew went to go change clothes again, so that he could get in a quick workout before his shift tonight.

He was now ready to feel the burn. Matthew was wearing a white tank top and gray shorts with his athletic tennis shoes. He also put on a dark pair of gloves. They weren't for anything in particular, he just liked how they made him feel comfortable, because they belonged to his grandfather. It also helped that they were fingerless, and he just liked fingerless gloves. Getting ready to leave, his phone suddenly rang. But before he could pick it up, it instantly hung itself back up. It didn't even leave a caller address, so he was unable to call them back. *That was weird...* Matthew thought to himself, *Oh well, time to go. Sooner I get back the better.* He went outside, stretched his legs for a bit, and jogged off down the street.

"Oh, come on, Mangle! Have some nerve," Foxy all but yelled at her sister. Just a minute ago, Mangle had tried to call Matthew, but at the last second decided that she didn't have the courage to speak and abruptly hung up on him. Hearing her, Foxy had come over to investigate, and through her soft tears, Mangle had explained what had just happened. However, instead of consoling her sister, Foxy was chewing her out for being such a wimp, making Mangle cry even more. She knew that it was completely, and she hated it, but it was simply out of her own control. Mangle felt hopeless, as if nothing or anybody could really help her anymore.

Matthew came back home roughly two hours later, exhausted and sore. He needed some quick protein. Heading to his small kitchenette, he found some leftover rotisserie chicken and a protein shake. He stuck what remained of the chicken in the microwave before he set the table, pulling out a napkin and cracking open the bottle, which Matthew was sipping at slowly. After the chicken finished, he devoured it after putting some red peppers on it, because it really needed some flavor. Still sore, he went back to his room for another nap, and after another three short hours, he woke back up and headed out to the convention, back in his uniform.

But first, Matthew needed to pick up something special real quick before his shift started.

When Matthew arrived at the convention, he headed straight towards the kids' area, to Mangle's Cove. In his hand was a small box of expensive chocolates that he had just bought. Now, here was a guy who sometimes had trouble feeding himself and could barely afford to still go to the gym to use any exercise equipment, and he had just used up a decent portion of his savings on a small, expensive box of chocolates in hopes of cheering up Mangle. He set them down in front of her cove along with a note explaining that he had got them specifically for her. Sighing, Matthew then walked towards his office just as it turned midnight, hoping that Mangle eventually would come out.

Another phone call had awaited Matthew.

"He-Hey! You're doing great! Night 3, awesome work! Most people don't usually last this long - I mean, y'know... they usually let the girls do what they want, y'know. Uh, I'm not implying that they do anything bad, th-that's not what I meant at all. But there always has something I've liked about them..."

"Speaking of the girls, make sure to double check on the Mangle's Cove this time around - although Mangle IS pretty shy though (laughs)."

"Oh! You've been probably wondering what's in the closet back there. Don't worry about it. It's just an old animatronic. Nothing special, and I'm positive that it won't move and try to kill you. Nothing you need to worry about."

"Uh okay, I'll leave you to it. Speak to you tomorrow."

Matthew sat back wondering what the heck he was talking about, when suddenly he was tackled to the floor in one great big hug. Matthew's glasses flew off but he was nearsighted, so he still saw who had tackled him to the ground. It was Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy.

"Hey, girls, I missed you, too," Matthew replied as he felt a little crushed. They got off and talked a bit about recent events - Matthew's life outside his job, people at the convention, etc. - when a crash was heard followed by a high-pitched scream.

"Mangle!" Matthew exclaimed and took off back towards her cove, the rest of the animatronics following close behind him.