Chapter One

Atonia didn't remember much about her life before the Black Despair. All they told her was that they found her in the streets and took her in, saving her life, but for some reason, she remembers trying to run. To escape the Despair.

She finished putting on her uniform and grabbed her weapon, she was on guard duty today. As she walked through the long, gray hallways to her post, she wondered what color looked like.

Color had started to disappear as the Black Despair started rising, just after she started remembering things. There is only one color she knows. Well, besides black, white, and shades of grey, of course. That color is red.

Atonia was about three at the time of the memory, and her family had gone hunting. She remembered watching in wonder as her father fired a shot at a deer. It hit, and blood started to appear. Red blood. Red blood.

She realized she had arrived at her post when she almost ran into the wall. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. Brian, a guard also at this post, stood there, legs together, shoulders firm, standing tall. His eyes stared directly forward and the corners of his mouth were tilted downwards.

Standing to his right, on the other side of the door they were guarding, she got in the same position. A couple of people passed, and she didn't spare them even a single glance. She was used to this. Everything was going along like a normal day in the main headquarters of the Despair.

That is until the attack. This had only happened once in the time Atonia was stationed in the main headquarters. The revolts had mostly died down, and many people gave up hope.

Atonia and Brian, along with many other guards, rushed to the battle scene. They immediately joined the fight. All except Atonia. She stood frozen in the middle of the battle scene.

People were everywhere. She could tell which of them were outsiders- it was obvious. The Despair all had their uniforms and stern faces, while the outsiders wore more foreign clothing, and their faces weren't as stern. They were sad, But they had hope.

Bullets were flying, some hitting their unlucky victims, others missing. People were fighting one on one combat with knives. Death was everywhere, but what really got to Atonia was the blood. The color.

Red leaked out of bullet and stab wounds, and surrounded corpses. Her eyes widened and she gasped, before being knocked to the ground by a group of passing soldiers, rushing towards the battle at hand.

Atonia blinked slowly, before getting up. She mentally scolded herself over the fact that she let herself get distracted and quickly ran into the fight, pulling out her weapon. She fired a couple of times, each bullet missing.

Climbing to a higher ground and gaining a height advantage, she smirked. Looking to her left, over where the door was, she saw a male shooting at their guards.

Taking aim, she hesitated. She was about to kill a person. Take a life, all because they stood up for what they believe in. She lowered her weapon with a frown. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

This was the right thing to do. She was simply standing up for what she believed in as well. Lifting up her gun again, she took aim. Atonia fired. The bullet hit him, but it only really hit his side. 'Good enough,' she thought.

Then she froze. She just injured someone because they stood up for what they believed in. She realized she was never given a chance on what to believe in. She was taken when she was only five.. far too young to make a decision like that.

They used this to their advantage and brainwashed her, not giving her a chance to decide. They said they cared when all she was to them was a toy. Something to use and throw away when they were done with it.

And she was sick of it.

Jumping down from where she was, Atonia ran over to the man. She kicked the guard away and picked him up, running him towards his teammates, who took him from her arms wearily.

She turned and scanned the area, spotting a fight that a guard was close to winning. Running over, she leaped on the guard from behind, knocking them down. "Go!" She hissed at the rebel, who nodded and ran from where they were.

  "What are you doing?!" Came the guard's voice. She looked down at him and smiled. "I'm doing what is right, for the first time in my entire life." The guard didn't get a chance to reply before he was knocked unconscious.

  The battle was starting to win, and it was the Despair who was winning. Jumping from on top of the guard, she bolted to another part of the base- the weaponry.

  Atonia quickly grabbed a couple of bombs and brought then to the place opposite of the battle. She threw them and ran off quickly.

  She heard the sound of a massive explosion behind her, and she knew she didn't have long before guards came running. She managed to get pretty far away from the explosion, so she didn't look too suspicious.

  A bunch of guards ran past her as she ran to the main battle. Scanning the room, she knew her plan had worked. Half of the guards went towards the explosion, making it easier for the rebels to win.

  A girl ran up to her. She was about eight. "You are one smart cookie. I know you did that." The girl looked around, making sure no guards were listening. "Thank you. We may win this fight now, because of you. But that isn't the entire war.."

  Atonia was stunned. This girl was so little but so very smart. She looked at her. The girl grabbed her hand, as though to drag her somewhere and gasped. Atonia looked at her.

  The girl, who's eyes were now pretty wide, looked around. "Y...you're red leader..!" "Wh-what? I'm a What?!"

  The girl dragged her out of the fight, away from the building. "Red leader! I.. Orange, Green, and Purple leader will be pleased!" Atonia blinked and just followed the girl.

  The girl lead her to a brick wall, and tapped a pattern on it. It opened, revealing a hidden base. She pulled Atonia inside. "Green..! Orange! Purple!!" A male walked around the corner. "What is it Lilith.. who is this?"

  His pressed his lips together. "She's Red Leader!! I touched her.. and.. and I could see red!" The girl, now known as Lilith, started rambling. He shushed her.

  "Red, what is your name?"

  She hesitated, but answered anyway. "Atonia." He smiled, and she couldn't help but smile back.

"Well, Atonia, welcome to the Colored Hope."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I, Mystic, wrote chapter one. Expect chapter two from Laticia.

*Screeches of Happiness*

Edit: I just realized I used the wrong leader. I accidentally put Blue Instead of Purple
Edit Two: I'm gonna write chapter two instead.