Chapter 1

Eva's POV

After sending my last email of the day I shut down my computer and started to collect my things that were thrown on the desk carelessly.

I worked at Cross Industries, it is USA's largest steel production company. It is a huge company and I was merely an accountant who worked in the finance section.

The office was empty and it looked like I was the only one here but what can I say I had to stay back and finish my work so that I would have less burden tomorrow but who knew that it would take me so much time to finish it. I checked for the time and it was 11:50 meaning the elevators wouldn't be working and I would have to take the stairs.

Not that I was complaining as the stairs had my favorite spot where you could have a full view of the night lights and the coastline, from the huge window at the landing. And also because no one ever, I mean never use the stairs as according to the fast-paced world that we are in, using stairs is a waste of time and energy.

The company has four buildings, the first building was for important people, meetings, etc. the third building is of the PR department and the design department. And let's not forget The Boss Aiden Cross he has a freaking building all for himself. I never got the chance to meet him and if I ever do, well that is that. It is said that he is a playboy, handsome, rich yadda yadda. But there is no harm in admiring beautiful men and women, being single has its perks.

I am often made fun of by my officemates for being single but I don't take it to my heart, simply because I don't care. It's just that my past experiences have made me distance myself from males. Anyway, the forth building is of the finance department and the internship department.

As I descend down the stair I was shocked to see a person standing on the window sill with hands spread across the glass. His sleeves moved down a little making the tattoos that were on both of his wrists visible, my fingers twitch with the desire to touch them. But the only thought that came to my mind was ' Bloody Thief '. Well, what can I say he stole my spot !?!

I was about to tap the stranger on the shoulder when an ear-piercing screech of a gunshot was heard. The glass shattered into millions of pieces. One movement the stranger was falling and the second movement he was on top of me. His face was on my chest and his body crushing mine.

Then I slowly processed what I just did and was shocked that I was able to pull the man in time otherwise he would have been plastered on the road below dead I mean come on the building had 50 floors and we are on the 45th floor.

For a minute neither of us moved. The stranger moved his head up only for me to meet intense silver eyes and matching silver blond hair then, I remembered the gunshot and I pushed him off me and searched for any injury but found nun I sighed in relief. And for the first time, I noticed the stranger and Holy mother of Pluto he is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. He was wearing a black Armani suit with a black silk shirt and white tie.

Then out of nowhere big guys wearing black suits came rushing to the stranger asking if he was ok or not. I was pushed out of the way by one of them which caused pain to shoot through my chest I looked down only for me to see a hole on my black jacket and blood streaming down the white shirt that I was wearing. I felt eyes burning holes in me and when I look up I see the stranger looking at me with an expression filled with horror and worry.

He was saying something but I was not able to hear him the only thing that I could hear was my heart beat drumming in my ear. I pitched forward but the stranger was there to help me. He held me close to his body with his strong hands around me making me aware of his impressive height which maybe almost 7, his bulging muscles and the sparks that ran the length of my body. I am hundred percent sure he worked out a lot to maintain his body.

The last thing that I remember was the stranger picking me up in his arms and running towards the stairs then a big black car and then darkness...

----------------------

It was a stressful day for him and he knew a place that would help him in this situation. A place which he found only a month ago that too by mistake. It was the day when he broke up with his girlfriend Lucy Hampton. She was a supermodel, had a nice figure, face and everything but he knew she was not The One. But that was not the only reason for which he broke up with her there were many like:

1) was a slut ( caught her having sex with many people)

2) didn't even like him ( but loved his money and position to death )

3) very demanding

4) was nothing but a show-off

5) not at all appealing to him she is just his girlfriend by name there is nothing between them

6)....

He was amused. Not only because he was bitching about her more than praising her and that they dated for at least two months and god knows what he went through. Well, what can he say his parents wanted him to settle down and take over the empire.

Anyways back to the place it was on the 45th floor of the forth building and have to take the staircase for it. He did not know why he liked it here but whatever the reason was he did not care. It was the place which calmed him down whenever he was frustrated or angry.

So here he was standing on the window sill looking at the beautiful view ahead. God knows how much he misses flying, but he can not blow his cover. After all, he is not in his kingdom where he can do whatever he wants.

He was so deep in thought that he did not see the laser of the gun pointing at him. But when the person fired he was able to hear the bullet piercing through the air through his advance hearing senses. He moved out of the way ready to dive in the air as the bullet shatters the glass. Bloody hell what's a hunter doing here.

When the glass shattered he was falling like the feeling of air in his hair, but the moment was short lived when he felt a tugging sensation on his shirt. He was tugged back into the building and he landed on someone. And from the sent and the softness of the person under him, he was sure it was a woman. And the only woman who was able to stir his beast from his deep slumber. He rose his face from her full breast to look at her face.

The sight took his breath away,  the girl under him was a beauty. She had hair were like rays of the sun. spread around them like a halo and warm light brown eyes.
" My soul" whispered his beast.

She pushed him off her and looked at him as if looking for something then sighed in relief. Then his men came rushing towards him pushing his soul out of the way. He tried pushing past them towards her as he saw her sway. He caught her in time and held her to him. He shouted at his men to get the car, his soul was shot and was fading away in his arms. But he won't have that, he just meet her and he was sure as hell that he is not going to let her go so soon, in fact, he is never letting her go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE