Chapter 16

Eva's pov

Silence.

Silence means complete absence of sound. So it was the perfect word to describe the atmosphere around the cave. The silence was so deafening that I wanted to cover my ears and scream my throat sore.

Shayde and his men were gazing blankly at Silver...or Merek. As for me I could just stand there and stare at Silver. I just couldn't get my self to feel shock. It was as if deep down I knew who he was, a supernatural creature.

This was not the first time I had met a supernatural. My family was always dealing with supernatural creatures. I always tried my best to stay away from their business. My relationship with my family always been strained. Me being adopted added more tension between us. From the day Eric introduced me, I knew, I was not welcomed to the family. Eric was the only one who ever truely cared about me but after his death everything changed. Lana, Eric's wife, became the family head, she was a bitter woman. The only person I had seen her show affection towards is towards her husband, children and her siblings. As for me I was a bane of her existance. She seem to hold a grudge against me, the rest were no different.

Conner, the oldest son of Eric and Lana held a striking resemblance to his father but on the inside he is like his mother, cold and bitter. When Lana is not present Conner takes over and makes sure that the business is handled properly. Then there is Lidya who is like a younger verson of her mother inside out. She is twenty five and three years younger than Conner. She is a self obssessed person and rarely ever thinks about any one else but she gives bitchiness a new meaning if you crosses her the wrong way. Then there were the terrible two, Timmy and Cooper who were always stirring up trouble, not to forget how they used to drag me into their mess. They never followed rules, but allways used to get their way. Untill the day they got involved into things the were not supposed to poke their nose into, but ofcourse they did and got themselves killed.

I shivered, snapping myself out of the flashback, trying to erase the memory of how their guts painted the forest floor. I snapped out of my daze when I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder. Turning towards the person, I see Shayde who is back to his orignal self. He flashed me a toothy grin " I see you have tamed the beast. My Lady." nodding his head in the direction of Silver who was pulling out clothes from the many woardrobes present. I looked at the rippling muscles of his back and his long silvery hair that tumbled down his back almost touching his hips. I could feel my mouth salvate at the sight of his naked butt.

I blused and looked away. Giving Shayde a look of redicule I shook my head. He has got to be kidding me. " What the hell are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He just shook his head, not answering my question.

" So, how exactly did you find this room? Huh? And how did such a tiny little thing like you were able to open that big door?" he said while squishing my bisep lokng for muscles. I think? I tugged my arm free and glared at him" Who are you calling Tiny, you asshat!" I hissed at him. He flikes my nose " Tut-Tut, a Lady like you should not use vulger language."

Before I could say any thing Silver strides over, looking strikingly handsome in the white dress shirt with sleves folded up to his elbow and light grey pants. His hair long hair was pulled into a messy bun with a few strands hanging in his face, the shirt looked ready to rip all he had to do was flex his muscles. I moved my hungry gaze upwards only to find him looking intently at me. I swallowed, It's getting hot in here.

"King Drak'han!" said the men as the bowed to Silver, he nodded in acknowledgement and stood in front of us. Beside me Shayde straitened his posture but it was of no use Silver still loomed over us like a giant. He moved his burning gaze from me and looked at Shayde." Brother! It's good to see you." exclaimed Shayde and gave Silver a brotherly hug. Silver just stood there awkwardly patting Shayde on his back.

" I want Misty in my office in ten " he said to Shayde as soon as they parted. Shayde nodded, turning back he gestured the men to follow. Sending a wink in my direction he exited the treasury. Now alone with Silver I looked down at the floor and fidgeted with the lace of my gown. I looked at Silvers feet only to find them bare. " Come." he said curtly his face expressionless and started to walk towards the door. I stood rooted to my place. Did I look loke a dog to him, that he could order me around. When he realised that I was not following him he stopped and looked at me from over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow in question he looked at me.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow back at him. He slowly turned to face me his face blank but his eyes flashed dangerously. " Come" he repeated. "No. I want to go home. I am not going any where whith you." I said firmly. I have had enough for today. I just want to go home and forget about all of this. I could feel my whole body aching and screaming for my bed. It took a lot of energy just stand here holding my ground like a stubborn child.

" You are not going anywhere. Now come." he stated and started to walk again. " But-" I wa scut off when he suddenly appeared in front of me in a flash. A shrill scream left me as I stumble back in suprise. How did he do that? His grabed my hips steadying me and pulling me close. My breast almost touching his torso I looked up at him my chin touching his pectroal muscles. My body was buzzing with the tingles and my mind turned into mush. He bend his head, moving his face parallel to mine. " I do not wish to hear your silly complaints." He deadpanned, his eyes flashing with unknown emotions.I opened my mouth to retot back, but he beats me to it. " It would be wise if you keep your mouth shut. Before I put it to a better use" and all could do was stutter.

Without wasting any time he bend down and picked me up. All I could do was gape at him in shock and he continued on his way towards God knows where.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE