Chapter 12

Lei's POV

Club Agápi mou

Astoria, New York City

February 14, 2019 ( 11:30 pm)

     "Lei slow down! Damn, are you trying to kill us?!" Kevin hollers at me from the back seat. I look down at the car's speedometer and notice that I'm going 85 mph. I ease my foot off the gas pedal a little and the speedometer drops to 70 mph. I stop the car at the red light. I take two deep breaths to calm myself down because if I don't I know that someone will die tonight. The light turns green and the car zooms forward. The only thing that is on my mind is reaching Ty. "In 100 feet, take a left on 30th St." Siri says. I make a sharp left turn which makes Bo and Kevin faceplant into the window. "Calm down!" Bo moans as he rubs the right side of his face. I tune him out because I notice a nightclub decorated in blue and white lights coming into view. The whole sidewalk in front of the nightclub is empty, so I park my Ranger Rover right by the door. I hop out of the car and throw a hundred dollar bill at the bouncer. "Watch my car. I'll be back out in 15 minutes." he nods his head at my statement. "Okay guys. It's 11:30. Let's split up and find the girls and meet back at the car by 11:50. I don't want to stay here longer than necessary." I say to Bo and Kevin. I walk up to the second floor and look down onto the dance floor. It feels like a deja vu moment. My eyes immediately zoom in on Ty dancing on some guy. Ty's dress is clinging onto her body like it's her second skin and it shows her every curve. For a moment, I find myself entranced by her beauty. She looks like a siren. Snap out of it Lei. The song ends and Ty stops dancing on her partner. She turns to face him and smiles. Ty lips are moving. I wonder what she is saying to him. The guys eyes are fixed on her breasts. The nude dress has a cut out in the front that has her curvy globes on full display. The guy gives Ty a hug and she walks away. As she walks, the crowd parts like the Red Sea. I can't blame them at all, Ty has a dominant aura about herself. I notice her walking towards the restroom. Perfect, I can grab her as soon as she leaves out of it. I take a moment to look back over the crowd. I notice that Ty's dance partner is talking to a group of guys. There is one guy standing in the middle of the group, but his back is towards me. Whoever this stranger is he must be important because everyone is surrounding him. The stranger turns around...Shit, it's Theo Ambrosia.

   I check my phone, it's 11:40 p.m. I send a text to Bo and Kevin telling them to hurry up and find the other girls and head out. I walk down the steps and make my way to the bathroom. I stand outside the door. I will give Ty two minutes before I go inside and grab her. I keep my eye on the dance floor to make sure Theo isn't heading this way. How could I be so stupid? If I would've paid more attention earlier this whole situation could've been prevented. Astoria is known to be one of NYC's biggest Greek neighborhoods. The club is named Agapi Mou which is Greek for "my love". Hell, even the club is decorated in blue and white which are the Grecian flag colors. The bathroom door opens up and Ty walks out. I quickly snatch up her arm. "OW. What the hell, Lei?!" "Come on, you're coming with me and we will talk about this at home." I hiss. "No, I'm not going anywhere with you. You guys don't know how to treat us, so the girls and I decided that we aren't going to put up with it anymore!" she states smugly. "Fine." I harshly pick her by the waist and walk towards the emergency exit door. "HELP! HELP! Someone help me!" she screeches.  I wish she would shut up, we wouldn't be in this situation if the girls stayed their asses in the house. And to think that the guys and I had went out of our way to buy the girls gifts and ordered food from a 5 star restaurant. We wanted to apologize to the girls and give them something special for Valentines Day. Imagine my anger when I went inside of my bedroom to see the girls gone and the window opened. "Lei. Can you put me down now." Ty asks softly. Now we are walking down an alleyway besides the club. It's extremely dark outside. "Listen Ty, what you girls did tonight was extremely STUPID...Like who sneaks out and seeks refuge in the enemy's territory? Look around you, we are in the middle of Greek town. I saw one of my family's enemies." I huff out. Ty looks at me with watery eyes and a frown on her face. "Greek town??" she say in a panicky tone. "Yes." I look her in the eyes. She starts taking rapid deeps breathes and her chest is heaving up and down. She is having a panic attack. " Calm...." But, my sentence is cut off when I notice a shadow in my peripheral vision. I can't tell Ty that we may be in the presence of an enemy right now. I push her against the wall hoping the nearby dumpster would hide us. I press my body against Ty's body. I have to protect her at all cost even if that means becoming a human shield. "Lei, what..." I cut off her question by crushing my lips against hers. I hope this will distract Ty. I've been waiting to kiss Ty for months. I imagined our second kiss would be something more magical than kissing besides a dumpster that reeked of rotting meat. Ty grabs the back of my neck and kisses me back with so much fervor. She bites my bottom lip before sliding her tongue in my mouth. "Mhmm." she moans softly. She pulls me closer to her. I hear a whistle pierce the air. I've heard this sound before, but I'm so wrapped up in the arms of this beautiful angel. If this should be the end at least I got to taste a piece of heaven on Earth. My train of thought is interrupted by a searing pain on my left side. I choke back my scream. I don't want to alarm Ty. She moves her hand up and down my side. I hiss out in pain. "Lei, are you okay?" She looks down at her left hand to see it cover in blood. The last thing I remember is Ty opening up her mouth to scream before I pass out.