Chapter 1

*All conversations between Lei, Bo, and all other Chinese characters are in Mandarin. Italics denote the following statement.

**Italics for this chapter represents flashback as well

Lei's POV

*Flashback*

September 24, 2018 (2 month and 4 days since Ty left Shanghai)

    I felt ice cold water being dumped all over my face. "Wake the fuck up Lei! You need to get rid of her," Bo said, pointing to the girl next to me in bed, "so we can discuss business." "Meet me downstairs in ten minutes!" he said angrily while walking out of my bedroom. "What crawled up in his ass and died?" I thought to myself. I laid in my bed for another minute before realizing my covers and part of my mattress was soaked with water. "Damn it Bo! Can't even go back to sleep!!" I yelled. I felt the covers shift on the bed. I looked over to the other side of the bed to see a raven haired beauty wrapped up in my satin sheets. My sheets were the only thing that stopped me from seeing her naked body. "Good morning Lei. Last night was fun. We should do it again." she said while looking at me seductively. I couldn't respond because I was staring at a small, dark red, plump lips. She looked vaguely familiar. "Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked her. "Yes. I'm one of the service girls at Unwanted. I'm the one to take orders at the VIP tables. I serviced your table a few months ago. You tipped me 200 RMB. I serviced your table again last night. We hit it off and you invited me back to your place." she said in a quiet voice. Now, looking more closely, I do remember her, but the only reason why I remember that night was because I met Ty. The back stabbing, charming, making me fall for her ass traitor. Ty proved to me that women can't be trusted and will do anything to fuck a man that is in power. Now, looking back at the woman in my bed, I felt disgusted. "I'm going to the bathroom and when I get back I want you out of my house. If you're not gone by the time I get back, I'll forcibly kick you out myself." I said, walking to the bathroom. The last thing I saw before I shut the door was her stunned face. 

  In the shower I had time to reflect on the past two months. I've changed. ALOT. After I found out Ty was a traitor, I became an anti-social, reckless, cruel alcoholic. I would drink every other day and party every weekend. I would only speak to Bo. I haven't spoken to my mother or uncle in over six weeks. I cut off all of my friends. I didn't trust anyone. Every time Bo and I would go out, I would get into a fight with some random person. I no longer regarded women in a poetic light. I went from thinking that women were delicate creatures that deserved to be cherished to just fucking women and tossing them to the side. I wanted them to feel as empty as I felt. Bo thinks that I'm acting this way because I really liked her. I just tell Bo that I was infatuated with the idea with sleeping with an exotic woman. Everyday I tell myself Ty wasn't anything special to me. She was just a piece of ass that I wanted to test drive. I tell myself everyday to keep my sanity. Deep down inside I don't know if I was angry because she worked for the people that threatened to kill my family , OR if I was angry at Ty because I actually let her get to me. Either way, the new and improved Lei doesn't care anymore. Fuck her.

   As I soon as I walked into the kitchen, Bo looked at me with an unreadable expression. Bo normally is happy or pissed, so whatever he is about to tell me must be serious. I take a seat across from him at the breakfast bar. "What's up? Tell me what's going on." I questioned.  Bo took a deep breath. "I had our tech guy look at the bugs that were placed inside of the warehouse, our cars, and this apartment." Bo said. "And?" I responded. "The tech guy said the bugs were placed in these places approximately 12 weeks ago. That's when the first conversation between us were recorded on them." Bo said flatly. I could tell from his facial expression that something was bothering him. He was probably still upset that Ty, and possibly NiNi, had betrayed us. "Bo, don't worry we are going to get their asses back. No one gets away with messing with us." I told him in a fake chipper tone. "Lei, they didn't betray us..." Bo said quietly while looking at the floor. "I get that you wished that was true. I know you want to talk to NiNi, but Bo pictures don't lie. Ty was with Theo!" I said. " No. You're not listening Lei. The bugs were planted 12 weeks ago which would be the first week in July. The first conversation recorded was on July 3rd. The girls didn't come to Shanghai until July 9th. The tech guy traced the bug model to a spy store in the UK. I had our hacker check the flight records. Lei, none of the girls have been outside our the US in a couple of years. Shanghai was their first international trip since 2014." Bo replied in a thick voice. "But...but...the picture..." I finished weakly. "At the fight, Theo introduced himself to Ty as Mike after spilling some of his drink on her. Now that I think about it, Ty didn't seem like she recognized him. Theo could've orchestrated those pictures of them together at Starbucks to throw..." Bo's voice slowly began to fade. "Lei, they didn't betray us." "Lei, they didn't betray us."  "Lei, they didn't betray us." The more I repeated those words to myself, the sicker I felt. Images of Ty's face at the restaurant filled my head and the back of my throat began to burn. Before I knew it, I had vomited all over the breakfast bar. I just wished my body could purge itself from the guilt I was feeling.