You and I

I first met you in the park under the big and old tree where I rest my wounded and battered body

"Are you alright?" you asked, silently approaching me with a concerned look in your face.

I wondered aren't you scared of me? At my scarred and scary face.

"You're wounded. " you said as you began to ran away.

Ah. So she's scared after all. Its not new to me now as everybody ran away from me, saying I was bad luck and scary. I know why they're scared of me, because of my appearance and the wounds I get from fighting.

Even now the reason I'm lying here under the tree without an ounce of strength is because of a fight, which I came victorious in exchange of another mark on my body.

As I began to dose off, I see you running towards my direction with a box in your hands.

"I'll help you with your wounds. Can I?" You asked standing a distance away from me. I didn’t answer merely taking a glance at you before I close my eyes

Maybe you took my silence as a confirmation. As you started walking close and finally settled down beside me.

"It will sting a bit but please endure." You explained as you started applying medicine in my wounds.

You're right it really stings. But its nothing for my body which has experience more pain than this.

You don’t speak after that. But under my closed eyelids I am sure you are wearing a serious expression as you continued to fix my wounds.

"It's done" you said as you tie a little bow of bandage in my arm.

" do you want to come to my house? Its near, for you to rest." I thought what is this girl thinking to invite me to her house.

I opened my eyes and see your earnest face. Does you really want me to go to your house?

'I’m fine' I said as I move my body a bit to find a comfortable position and closed my eyes.

Although I decline your offer you still stay beside me, watching me sleep.

After a while, when you made sure that I was really sleeping, you slowly stood up as to not wake me.

And before you started to walk away you whispered
"Please be well"

As I hear your words, I opened my eyes and watched your fading back.
----
The second time I saw you is the day after our first meeting.

You stand in front of me wearing a beaming face and carrying a box.

You smiled brightly at me while saying
"I knew it, you’re still here"

What are you doing here?

As if to read my mind you answered me
"I'm here to check your wounds" while showing me the box you’re holding.

"It's okay right?" You asked even though you have no plan to stop even if I turn you down.

And like yesterday, I just close my eyes as an answer to you.

*gigle* I heard you laugh as you begin to do your purpose.

"Okay its done, thank God your wounds aren't that deep.” I open my eyes to see your work

"So, have you eaten yet?"

I stay still, acting like I didn’t heard you

"No? Great I still haven’t eaten yet. I brought some food with me , here." You said while passing some food to me. Completely ignoring my silence.