Chapter 2: the smell

I opened my eyes slowly and immediately remembered where I was.

"Lilly get up!" I said urgently as I checked the time. "We've already wasted half the night!" I said as she got out from under the table.

"Let's go home." She whined.

"No I wanna check out where those footsteps came from." I said as I grabbed my flashlight. I noticed the window to the basement was shut so I went to open it incase we needed a quick escape. I pushed against it but I wouldn't open. I pushed again and again and again but it didn't budge. It was as if it was just painted on the wall. "We can't leave anyways. The windows stuck." I said as I saw Lilly's face turn to panic. "It's ok there has to be more than one way out. I mean come on, it's a mansion!" I said as Lilly started to lighten up a little. "Come on let's go." I said as I turned on my flashlight and started walking down the hallway. We got to a door at the end that was very rusted and metal.

"That's odd." Lilly said as she opened it. As soon as she opened it a horrible stench came out of the room. It was so overwhelming that I felt like throwing up.

"What is that?" I asked gagging.

"I don't know but we should check it out." Lilly said gagging as well. When we walked in, I was shocked. I even forgot about the smell.

"I-it's a bunch of dead body's!" I screamed in horror seeing more than twenty body's and body parts hanging from the ceiling.