Chapter 7

As I looked around the kitchen, I noticed that there was a fridge.

"There has to be some food in there! I don't care how old it is." I said hungrily as I ran towards it.

"Hope wait! You don't know what could be in there!" Lilly said as I opened it.

"Nothing." I sighed as a mouse ran out and the cat caught it.

At least she is eating well.

"Hope let's hurry up and look around this place. My head is killing me." She said as she rubbed her head.

"Alright. Let's go." I said as I started walking down a hall. "We need to start working our way back down. We definitely aren't going to get out on the top level." I said as Lilly took the lead.

"How about we try this wa-ahhhh!" Lilly screamed as her foot slipped through the floor and the almost fell through.

I shot forward and grabbed her hand, pulling her up quickly but carefully. She sat on the solid ground for second to catch her breath before shakily standing up and looking down the hole.

"Is that a second floor or a room with no escape?" She asked nervously.

"I'll look down in the hole and make sure there is a way out. If I can reach the bottom and still be able to get out through the hole, I'll jump down, look around, and you can pull me back up." I said as I stuck my head in.

"The floor is right here. I'm gonna go in and take a look around. Stay out here." I said as I jumped in.

The room look like a really old bedroom. There were two, small beds, and a cabinet. On the opposite sides of the room there was a door. I walked over to it and turned the handle. It opened.

"Lilly come on down." I said as she carefully jumped down the hole.

"Where's the door?" She asked as she set the cat on her shoulder.

"Over here. Come on." I said as we walked towards the door.

I opened it and walked out. What I saw next almost made me faint...

There were dead animals everywhere. Most with their heads chopped off. The cat took one sniff of the room and ran out.

"Oh my god... Who could ever do this to helpless cats and dogs?" Lilly asked, mortified.

"I don't know... But whoever it was obviously doesn't have a heart and would probably chop off our heads too... Let's get out of here." I said softly.