5 ↝ seaside curses

Start from the beginning

"You smell of lies," she jokes. But guess what Yoongi, my teeth eat truths for breakfast, and you can bet that although my tone is playful, at least my words are honest.

For the tiniest of moments, she sees it. Skirting the edges of his iris in an ominous cloud that holds back the tempest; the unadulterated candour that this world suffocates. It slinks and quivers, a shadow of desire that has her stomach concocting whirlwinds until he blinks and the skies suddenly clear, as though not a speck of rain was threatening to fall in the first place.

"Whatever you say," Yoongi huffs, not denying, nor accepting the words suspended between them. He takes a sip of his coffee, spits it back into the cup when it runs ass-cold over his tongue. "Anyway, what do you wanna do today?"

Let's go downtown and link our hands for the world to see, you can tuck whispers into my ear and plant kisses upon my cheeks. Let's go to the theatre and make out in the dark if you are not so keen on the idea of public displays of affection, you can put your hand on my thigh too, if you like. Let's go back to my place and make love on the couch, or we can go do that in your bed, or how about the front seat of your car if we are too desperate to make the drive back home. That is what you and I both want, right? Do not think I miss the way your eyes light up at the mention of me shedding my clothing for you, I see right through your measly facade.

She shrugs. "Nowhere that anyone from school can see me."

"True," Yoongi murmurs, flicking his gaze down to her uniform, letting ravenous thoughts burn him like a thousand suns. He almost died when she came bounding up to the passenger side of his car earlier in the morning, her skirt swishing about her hips in a temptation too great for his poor little heart to handle. "I can take you home and you can change, if you want?"

He wants her to. He somewhat enjoys living and breathing, thank you very much.

"How about we just go back to my place and chill, anyway?" she hums, tapping her pretty lips with the tip of her forefinger. A foreign lilt colours her tone and he realises why once she speaks again. "Dad shouldn't be home. I think he might actually be going to work today."

Yoongi scoops the last of his eggs into his mouth before piling his plate atop her own. He downs the remainder of his water before slamming the glass onto the table with a satisfied sigh. A grin blooms on his face, contrasting her near mortified expression.

"Sounds like a plan."

A year ago, Yoongi bought a piece of shit sedan that is more rust than paint, more peeled leather than actual coverage over the seats. It is a true disgrace; an absolute atrocity. But he thinks it has a certain charm to it. A character in itself with the air conditioning that only rattles out weak puffs, as well as the two windows in the back that refuse to be wound down.

The only good thing about the vehicle is its radio, which works with beautiful clarity. It provides a soundtrack to the sweltering summers that have their thighs sticking to the shreds of leather that prevail to be intact. Then, to the ice cold winters that make the windscreen hard to see through, thanks to the dodgy wipers that are too damaged to properly clear the frost away.

Despite the multiple near death experiences the car has provided, it is comprised of just as many wonderful memories. The cup holders are stained with caramel from the one time they forgot about the chocolate bars they had bought at the corner store to have after a swim at the local pool. The review mirror still holds the faint reflection of him meeting her eyes with a smile—one that caused flowers to bloom between her ribs when he picked her and her friends up from a party that he considered himself to have too high standards in order to attend. The carpet still clings to grains of soil from that one weekend they thought it would be a great idea to go camping within the forest that separates the southern end of town from the coastline. It absolutely poured with rain, and they came home with watery eyes and sniffling noses, but the stars on the Saturday night were completely worth it once the skies had cleared of looming grey.