four

5 votes and 5 comments for update
- hate to do it but idk if people are actually enjoying it cause I'm getting reads but no one is voting😊💕

||| Mackenzie |||

"So we'll go to the pizza place for a bit, stop by Kenzies and then we'll go to mine and get ready?" Brynn confirmed, whispering to us while the science teacher faced the board to write some notes.

It was Friday afternoon, and the party was tonight. I still wasn't excited about going, more so just looking forward for Annie.

"Yeah sounds good." I smile, fiddling with my pen in my hand. Out of all of those things, I'm looking forward to going to the Pizza Parlour the most. We go every Friday, as Brynns dad owns it, we get free pizza.

"Is Mark going to the party?" Annie hummed quietly, looking to Brynn and quirking her eyebrow. From what I know, things between her and Mark were still unsteady. Which I predicted would happen ages ago, but I won't be one to say I told you so.

"Uh... I'm not to sure. I don't really care though. This is about you and Hayden." Brynn hummed with a smile, clapping her hands together excitedly.

"About you and Hayden and how you won't be sleeping together tonight." I quickly confirm, glaring and Brynn playfully before smiling at Annie, causing the two to giggle. "What? I don't need you getting an STD." I mumble, Brynn bursting out in laughter while Annie's cheeks went red.

"Girls? Listening please." The teacher huffed, glancing to us as we all shut up, quickly nodding and mumbling a bunch of apologises before she returned to writing her notes on the board. I hope she didn't plan on getting us to copy then... there was a heap.

"What about you though? It's been like forever since you've gone on a date! Have your eye on anyone?" Brynn grinned, nudging me. She was desperate for me and Annie to get a boyfriend, she's boy crazy. But it'll come in handy I guess if I ever have boy drama.

"Nope." I laugh, shrugging. I had no interest in dating at the moment, well of course I get random needs of wanting a guy to cuddle or call me some cute nickname; but that'll last an hour before I realise being single is fine.

"You should've gave Brandon a chance." Annie piped up, Brynn quickly nodding in agreement as I huffed. Here we go again. Brandon was a guy that Brynn tried to set me up with, he was nice and all, attractive, genuinely a good guy. We went on a couple of dates, but I just didn't think it'd work.

He seemed quite interested though, considering he's ignored me completely when I suggested being just friends. "I did. Didn't feel anything and decided to be friends." I sigh, shrugging with a laugh.

"What about Jacob? Marks friend. He's kinda cute." Brynn tried, causing me to roll my eyes. Since when did science class turn to find Mackenzie a guy time?

"No, no, no. He's an asshole anyways." I laugh, sighing in relief when the bell went. Packing up my stuff, I glanced to Brynn and Annie who had already packed up 10 minuets ago.

"What about-" Brynn tried, me quickly interrupting her as we exited the class room; quicker than usual so we could get to the lockers before it's too busy and people start getting pushed and shoved.

"Brynn, I don't need a guy." I laughed, running a hand through my hair. "I'll meet you two out the front?" I ask, getting a sigh from Brynn and a nod and smile from Annie before we all headed off to our lockers.

Walking to my locker, I kept my books close to my chest so if someone bumped into me I wouldn't drop them everywhere. I normally wouldn't worry about that, but at the end of the day on a Friday it was a different story.

Weaving through the sea of students, I finally approach my locker. I roll my eyes when I find Johnny and his new lap toy making out against the lockers. Although it was against the locker next to mine, it still would mean I wouldn't be able to open my locker properly.

I tried clearing my throat, awkwardly standing there. I hated these types of situations. They didn't take notice, causing me to sigh.

"Excuse me." I said with a flat and annoyed tone, opening my locker and shoving the door a little bit harder than usual so they would move and that I had full access to my locker.

They broke apart and the girl stumbled back a little, a laugh escaping Johnny's lips as the blonde chick was glaring at me. "That was not the nicest approach." Johnny hummed, leaning against the locker next to mine now, his back to the girl he was just locking lips with.

"Go suck each other's faces off somewhere else please, I did not need to see that." I huffed, dismissing his statement completely as I started putting my books into my locker and the ones I would need for homework over the weekend into my bag.

"Or I could wait here, and you could be next." He winked, and I didn't even need to look at him to know there was a smirk on his face. I scoffed, shaking my head as I zipped up my bag.

"You're disgusting." I laugh, closing my locker and swinging my bag over my shoulder before looking to him. "I'll pass." I said with a sarcastic smile, before pushing myself off the locker and heading to the front exit.

"You're loss!" I heard him yell out, a laugh being followed as I shook my head. Spotting Annie, I quickly caught up to her. I was going to say something until I noticed the grin on her face.

"Why are you grinning?" I smirked, nudging her as she looked to me, quickly trying to remove the grin off her face; failing completely may I add.

"No reason." She denied, glancing at the ground as walked outside, spotting Brynn leaning against her car and talking to Mark. It did not seem like a friendly exchange though.

"Maybe we should wait here till they're done..." I trail off, stopping next to Annie as we both looked at Brynn and Mark, who were close to yelling at each other.

"Good idea." Annie agreed, glancing from me then to the arguing couple. I'm sure it'll only take a few minuets till they're sucking each other's faces off again.

•••

Sorry for the filler! Party chapter is next though where some interesting stuff does go down :)