Prologue

Hi everyone!
I'd just like to say all events that happen and people are completely from the authors imagination.
Also because I'm from Australia I'd just like to apologise in advance for some of the different spelling we have to everywhere else.

Please read and I hope you enjoy it!

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you gave some feedback x

(Chapters will also be longer than this!)
~*~*~*~*~*

PROLOGUE
Being jolted awake by smashing glass sounds coming from downstairs isn't the nicest way go be woken up in the middle of the night.

My instincts kicked in and I quickly jumped from my warm bed, bare feet meeting the cool wooden floor, cold air nipping at my exposed skin. I started quietly making my way towards my door and gently pried it open. Once opened, I then tiptoed down the dark familiar hall towards my younger sisters room.

Opening the wooden door I saw her small figure sitting straight up in her bed, comforter brought right up to her mouth, bright blue eyes wide open with fear completely visible in them.

I brought my forefinger up to my mouth indicating for her to be quiet. As I tiptoed over to her, she moved over a little and I slid under the warm covers with her, bringing her small shivering body to mine, winding my arms around her.

"I - I'm scared," she whispered to me.

"I know, sweetie," I replied, sliding my fingers through her soft brown hair. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you," I promised.

Another smashing sound came from downstairs causing a small shriek to come from Taylah's mouth and her to snuggle more into my side.

"Shh... It's going to be okay," I assured her. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

I continued to stroke my fingers through her soft hair repeating the promising words. I felt her shivering body start to calm down and eventually her breathing did as well and that was when I knew that she had finally fallen back asleep.

Kissing the top of her head I carefully unwound my arms from around her doing my best to not wake her, and slipped out of her bed and the room back into the cold hallway. Walking to the larger staircase I knew what I had to do and I knew I had a long night ahead of me.