Chapter 24; Planning

For some reason, Ezra expected slight chaos upon entering the main base of Salvation. Maybe little werewolf kids running around, or people stepping forward to greet him. R must have abandoned that idea though, and took him straight to their planning room.

Again, against expectations, the planning room is well lit and organized, instead of dark and dirty. To be honest, it looks kind of badass. The room is one large rectangle, with at least one cork board screwed to each wall. Despite this, no papers are pinned to three of them, only the one to the right of the door they enter has possible events that they can get involved in. Either the gang is organized and only works on one mission at a time, or removed all of their plans before Ezra came. The second seems more realistic than keeping so many worn down boards unused.

"Ezra!" a woman exclaims, standing up from her chair at the head of the center table. The stained wood is one large rectangle as well, stretching the length of the room to seat over a dozen people. "It's great to meet you. Come sit, we have a lot to go over before leaving to pick up the transfer."

Ezra avoids looking around, following R straight to the two empty chairs left for them. The seat the vampire is directed to sit in is between the woman who greeted him and a rather hard looking man. The lady shakes his hand before they both take their seats, almost sinking into the padded black computer chairs. They're similar to the one in Leon's room, but not quite as comfortable. Regardless, the set up is better than packing into the lounge like back at S1.

Between the ragged looking woman and the giant of a werewolf, Ezra looks like a joke. He had dressed as normal- jean shorts and a plain t-shirt shrouded by a dark blue jacket rather than a white one, but against the dark and sharp colors the others wear, he looks out of place.

"We're just waiting for Eden now, I believe," the woman says, looking down at the folder in front of her. "We'll start discussing possible routes and vehicles when she gets here. That girl always shows up last minute."

Ezra smiles politely as the woman shakes her head and laughs. "She's technically not late, though," she says, swiveling in her chair to face Ezra at an angle, "so I guess we can't get upset. Anyway, my name is Isabel. I'm the head of criminal organization here at Salvation; I deal with planning all things that the authorities wouldn't enjoy catching us doing. Apparently you fit well in this field."

Ezra feels his stomach twist slightly as all the formally conversing members turn to him, now focused on the conversation the new kid and the leader are having. They really don't look like they'd be working together on anything.

"I wouldn't say I'm great at avoiding authorities, if you want me to be honest," Ezra says, waving his hand as the people stare at him, "I would say I'm better at getting away from them. I can help you with that."

The planning room falls silent, before Isabel starts to laugh. The rest of the werewolves follow soon after, some only giving an uncomfortable smile. It appears a few of them are just as uneasy having a vampire in the room as Ezra is being in a room of werewolves.

"That's exactly what R told me." The woman laughs, clapping him on the shoulder. Ezra flinches, but no one takes notice as the girl named Eden walks into the room and straight to her chair. The air settles, and the tension of organizing a dangerous transfer sets in. After a few moments of the group getting comfortable Ezra crosses his legs, folding his hands in his lap as Isabel taps the folder on the table. Even if his outfit looks like a joke, he himself does not. Maybe that's why a few of the others look at him so strangely.

"On time as always, Eden," Isabel says teasingly, making the other wave her hand. The female must be in her early twenties, but her smile doesn't hide the fact her arms and torso are more muscle than anything else. Ezra had been expecting someones skittish and unsure to show up last minute, not someone taking a position right next to Isabel.