chapter 4

//heres where the angst kinda starts my dudes its a slippery slope// 

"I'm so tired..." Midoriya droned as he trudged out of the school, Chousuke walking next to him slurping noisily on a carton of chocolate milk. He pat him on the shoulder and chuckled through his drink. Suddenly, a hand was placed on Midoriya's shoulder, and he flinched before turning around to face them. "Iida!" He shouted out, clearly surprised.

"Is your finger healed?" Iida asked, concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah, thanks to Recovery Girl," Midoriya took out his bandaged finger to show it to Iida, who nodded and then decided it was appropriate to crash the boys' one-sided conversation.

"I was really taken in by Aizawa-sensei," he held his finger and thumb to his chin in thought. "I even thought 'this is the best of the best' and such. I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie." Midoriya nodded, while Chousuke only gave a dead stare to the wall next to them and drank his milk.

"Hey! You three!" Oh god, more people. "Going to the station? Wait for me!" The three boys turned to see Uraraka running towards them, Iida identifying her as 'the infinity girl'.

"I'm Uraraka Ochako," she introduced herself to him, before pointing to the remaining duo. "You're Yamamoto Chousuke, right? I've seen you on the news and talk shows and stuff, your mom's super cool." She beamed happily, seemingly starstruck by his presence. Chousuke didn't want to part with his milk, so he simply gave her a thumbs up. "And you're Midoriya Deku, right?"

"Deku?!" Midoriya wailed in shock.

"Huh? But during the fitness test, the boy named Bakugou said," she pointed upwards and made a weird angry face. "'Deku, you bastard!', right?"

"Uh... My real name is Izuku, but Deku is what Kacchan calls me to make fun of me..."

"An insult?"

"Oh, is that right! Sorry! But 'Deku' sounds kinda like the Japanese word for 'you can do it', so I kinda like it!"

"I'm Deku!" Midoriya blurted out, his face turning completely red as Chousuke sighed through his nose.

"Midoriya!" Iida called out. "You're accepting it too easily! Wasn't that an insult!"

"It's like a Copernican Revolution..."

"'Co-pe'?"

The group chatted for a while as they walked, Chousuke stayed silent the whole time and took to slowly drinking his milk, until Uraraka perked up again.

"Ne, ne, Yamamoto-san!" He turned to her, the girl having stars in her eyes as she spoke. "What's it like living with Serpentium?!" He could already guess what his relationship with this girl would be like. He removed the carton of chocolate milk from his mouth and shrugged.

"She's like any mother, really. Overbearing, a little harsh, but ultimately quite sweet in her own way." Uraraka grinned at his answer and nodded.

"Do you train with her?"

"No. My sister and I train on our own. She trains my brother, though. You've heard of Hiro, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah! He's her successor, right?" Chousuke nodded, and Uraraka paused for a moment. "Weren't you illegitimate?" The three boys choked on air at her words, and Chousuke sweatdropped and she immediately began apologising. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that, there are just a lot of rumours and, uh..." Chousuke smiled and waved her off.

"It's alright. Yeah, my mom didn't want to publicise it but she had an affair a year or so after Hiro and Fumi were born. I never met my dad, don't know his name or what he looks like, but I got my quirk from him." She nodded slowly, a slight look of pity on her face.