chapter 3

Midoriya and Chousuke entered Yuuei together on the first day of school. They were both in the same class- much to their excitement- and Midoriya was congratulating Chousuke on his placing in the exam results. Izuka had gotten 7th place with his 60 rescue points, while Chousuke had managed to get 2nd place with 56 villain points and 19 rescue points. He wasn't even aware that you were allowed to rescue teammates, and so expressed his admiration to Midoriya for saving that girl who had stopped him from tripping before the exam.

"Why is the door so big?" Chousuke commented as they approached their classroom. Nerves and excitement bubbled inside of them as they stood there. They were in the top class of the best hero school in Japan. Midoriya shrugged at Chousuke and huffed.

"Let's just hope that none of those scary people are in here." Cho nodded in agreement, before opening the door. The first thing they caught sight of was Bakugou in the corner being yelled at by the same guy who had called out Midoriya before the exam. Chousuke immediately glared at them both and tried to speed off to a seat, Midoriya hot on his tail, but they were stopped by the loud glasses guy.

He started complimenting Midoriya on how well he did in the exam, and how he was intelligent for seeing past their point scoring system. Chousuke rolled his eyes and took to sizing up everyone in the room. Everyone seemed pretty normal, save for some guy with a bird head. Then again, he actually looked pretty cool, kind of brooding, so he looked okay. And it wasn't like he could judge people based on their looks in the hero course- knowing his luck that guy probably had some really powerful quirk.

Then, his eyes met Bakugou's.

They both froze for a moment, like they'd been caught red handed doing something they shouldn't. They both stared for a moment, all while Chousuke could hear the sound of Midoriya greeting someone else behind him was drowned out. He felt awkward, so he sent Bakugou a toothy grin. The blond recoiled, his face going red in anger (lmao no) before he turned away. Chousuke kept staring for a moment, recalling the conversation he'd had with Midoriya a few nights ago about how Bakugou supposedly had a crush on Hiro, and huffed. Why the hell was he so bothered? He probably just didn't like the idea of his only brother dating an asshole like him. Either way, he'd already promised Midoriya that he'd help set them up, so there was no turning back now.

Their homeroom teacher eventually came in and gave some lecture about how they were incompetent. Chousuke sluggishly made his way over to a spare seat right at the front of the class directly in the top left corner, noticing that Bakugou then sat at the desk behind him, and then Midoriya behind Bakugou. He never thought the three of them would stay this close for such a long time- he'd always suspected that they'd go to different high schools and never speak again, but that wasn't apparently the case.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota. Nice to meet you." Half the class seemed shocked that this hobo was their homeroom teacher. "It's kind of sudden, but put these on and go out to the field." Wait, what? Chousuke huffed in disappointment. Weren't they supposed to do a bunch of fun stuff on their first day?

-

"A quirk assessment?!" The whole class wailed. Chousuke was standing solemnly next to Midoriya, reminiscing about god knows what and staying at quiet as possible. He heard the girl Midoriya was talking to ask about the entrance ceremony and orientation, to which Aizawa reminded her of what school she was in and such.

"You kids have been doing these since junior high too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirk. It's not rational. Well, the ministry of education is procrastinating." He suddenly turned to Bakugou. "Bakugou, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best result for softball throw?"