chapter 1

//pic above is the man himself lmao//

Bakugou had first met Hime when he was 5 years old. He and Midoriya were playing in a park; messing around on the apparatus and making up roleplays between them when three children he'd never seen before entered and started using the climbing wall. They were a pair of twins, a boy and a girl, both a little older than him, and a girl who looked to be around his age. The twins both looked fairly identical- they had the same light blonde hair and skin colour, however the other girl looked subtly different to the other two, her hair being a more sandy blonde and having it tied in a ponytail, which further displayed a lock of discoloured white hair that hung free from the rest of it.

He watched in awe as the girl with the ponytail scaled the climbing wall with ease, barely even using the grips, and felt his small chubby face flush. He froze for a moment, eyes locked on the girl as she sat atop the large wall grinning triumphantly at her siblings who were struggling to get up, before jumping off the swing he was on and scampering over to them. Midoriya followed quickly behind him, but he didn't take much notice.

"Hey!" He called up to the girl when he was close enough, her looking down at him with inquisitive green eyes. "I could totally climb up there faster than you." A playful grin stretched across his face, and the girl slowly mimicked it.

"Try me," she spat out, before climbing down in half the time it had taken her to get up there. The wall itself was about 12 feet tall, so Bakugou knew this wasn't going to be an easy feat, but at least he'd talked to the girl. As soon as she jumped down her eyes darted to Bakugou, letting a large grin spread across her face. "Yo. I'm Yamamoto Hime. We racing or what?"

'So cool...' Bakugou thought absently to himself, returning the dangerous grin Hime had given him and positioning himself in front of the wall. "I'm Bakugou Katsuki. And I'm gonna kick your ass." He heard Hime's older sister and Midoriya gasp at his foul language, while Hime only cackled at him. The two kids counted down from three together, shouting the last number passionately as they hoisted themselves up the climbing wall. Hime was even more amazing up close; her arms and legs moved fluidly to clutch onto the grips for no more than a second at a time as she propelled herself up. Bakugou tried to copy what she was doing, but found that whatever she was doing with her legs was painful and tiresome, so he took to taking it easy and letting her win.

Hime, of course, reached the top of the wall within a few seconds and laughed down at Bakugou. "What happened to you kicking my ass?" Bakugou scoffed and jumped down from the wall.

"Whatever. I let you win." He stuck his tongue out and gained another laugh from Hime as she slid back down the wall.

"No way. I'm just better than you." She stuck her tongue out in return.

"Oh yeah? Bet I could beat you in a fight using our quirks." Midoriya and Hime's siblings all immediately began worrying and asked Bakugou to back down, but Hime only grinned cockily.

"Let's go," her sister sighed in return and gave her a weary look. "What's your quirk then?" Bakugou grinned almost sadistically at her words, holding his hand up and letting off a few small sparks from his palm.

"Explosion," Hime's grin dropped momentarily, and pride swelled in Bakugou's chest knowing that she was afraid. "You?" As quick as it was gone, the smile returned and Hime crossed her arms over her All Might t-shirt.

"My mommy says it's called enhanced strength and regeneration. But I just like to say I'm super strong and heal real quick." She tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear with that same cocky smirk still present on her face, and Bakugou laughed. So that's why she could climb the wall so easily. "Either way, Katsudon," Bakugou scowled at the nickname. "Bring it."