Life

So sorry for the long wait.

Annabelle POV

I stretch, my body aching after what I put it through last night. Pushing myself up, I scan the softened features of a sleeping Jason. He seems so gentle and harmless when he is asleep and, when hes awake and in a good mood he can be but... Gosh, I'm never going to get used to him am I. I shiver at the thought and the realization that the man or Giant that I am to spend the rest of my life with has so much power over me. I sigh, not enjoying the mess which my life is confined to.

"Mph." I jump slightly at Jason's sudden noise and I watch him open his tired eyes.

"S...Sorry did I w...wake you?" I stutter, worried that his anger from last night will return.

"Hmm? Oh no, no you did not." He says groggily, reaching up to rub his eyes.

Thankfully his voice is filled with sleep instead of anger. Maybe Ill be lucky enough that he would forget about my little escapade last night.

A knock on the door grabs both of our attention and suddenly, Jason locks his fingers around me protectively. What? Did he think someone out there was going to hurt me?

"Can't have you running off again." He mumbles as he pulls me to his chest.

Oh, so he hasn't forgotten.

"Prince Jason? It is I, Stuart here with your breakfast." A muffled voice claims from beyond the thick door.

I look up at Jason as he hasn't given an answer to the servant as quickly as I assumed he would. He's glaring down at me, eyebrows raised.

"Don't you run, I will not hesitate to punish you again." He growls lowly.

I gulp knowing that it is no hollow threat.

"Come in Stuart."

I turn my attention to the servant who quickly brings in a tray laden with food and drink. My stomach grumbles and I long to get something to eat as I barely ate anything yesterday. The servant quickly leaves, locking the door behind him and sliding something underneath the door. I look and realize that it closes off the crack that I had used in my attempted escape the night before. Jason has definitely not forgotten.

"Someone seems hungry?" He chuckles, moving to get up.

I gulp as he clutches me to his chest as he approaches his desk. I can feel and hear his breathing and heartbeat, it is not quite a pleasant experience. He carefully sets me down on the side of the tray and takes a seat, greedily pulling it towards himself. The sudden movement knocks me off my feet. I flail backwards and fall onto what feels like a mattress but happens to be a biscuit. I will never get used to living in a giants world.

A sharp laugh makes me jump and I shoot a glare in Jason's direction earning more laughter. I quickly move back into a standing position and tear off a piece of biscuit, munching on it hungrily.

"So my love, anything you would like to do today?" Jason sighs, taking a sip of wine.

My love? Oh yeah, were married.

"No." I reply meekly, continuing to eat.

"Well you are talkative today." He says, clearly annoyed at my lack of articulation.

"Well, what do you want me to say?"

Sassyness was not something I usually included in my demeanor but, this is an exception.

"How about actually trying to talk to me as your husband and not as someone who kidnapped you."

"But you did kidnap me." I point out.

"Ugh," He says, setting down his wineglass and reclining in his chair, his brooding glare on me. "For the record, I did not kidnap you, it was my siblings."

"Yes but you kept me." I cower slightly under his terrifying glare.

"Yes I did and I don't see a problem with that." He finishes, giving me a signal to be silent.

Great, now he is even more angry with me. I sigh, flopping down in a criss cross position.

"So, my darling little wife," He chuckles. "What would you like to do today?"

"Go home."

He shoots me a glare and I snap my mouth shut, avoiding more stupid words. Jason nods in approval and lets out a yawn. I gulp as I see his shiny white teeth snap shut. It's terrifying how easily he could swallow me whole.

"But of course, it's not if you have a choice in the matter."

Suddenly, I feel his fingers lock around me and I am lifted into the air, much to close to his face  for any sort of comfort. Surprise fills me as he presses a quick kiss atop my head and brings me over to his bedside table. He opens the drawer and I can see what's coming.

"Wait, please no I don't."

"Stop it Annabelle, I can't have you running away."

Are his last words before shoving me in the drawer.

Authors Note
Sorry for taking so long to update. I am actually considering taking this story down because of how similar it is to my The Giant. It will still be able to be viewed though because it will be going into my one shots book which should be published soon. Tell me what you think, thanks.