Punishment

Jason

Her fear is adorable. Im not going to hurt her but I can let her believe that I will for a bit. I wrap my hand around her kicking and screaming body. "Hush Annabelle, you must calm down." I laugh quietly to myself. I quickly walk back to my room and lay her on the bed. I set my wedding ring on top of her so that she can't move. Her face is covered in tears and I feel a small bit of pity for my small wife but it is soon replaced by my anger. "If you would just calm down, but of course you probably know I have to punish you in some way." Her tear filled eyes grow wide with fear and her crying grows louder also.

Annabelle

"Now what shall I do to you." He says as he passes in front of me. I struggle in vain to push the heavy gold ring off of me. His voice is a blur in the background but then his face is suddenly above me and his voice loud as thunder. "I know what I'll do." I take a deep breath as fear fills me. He lays down beside me and lifts the ring off of me. I try to run again but he has hold of my dress and drags me towards him. "Not so fast my love." I try to grasp the thick blanket but there is nothing to be done. He lifts me up right above his mouth. "I remember hearing that you humans have stories of giants Eating humans." I scream knowing what he means to do. "Calm down, I'm not going to really eat you well..." I scream and try to cling to his fingers but soon I'm falling through space.

Jason

I catch her before she falls into my open mouth. Her screams stop as I pull her away and trap her in my closed palm. I feel her tiny fists hit against my palm.

She sobs softly as I walk into the closet and find a nightgown for her. I lay it along with a towel by her and go over to the bed. I decide to not look as she changes from her yellow gown into her thin nightdress. She quietly calls and I walk over to her. She stands on the stone counter, her body shivering with cold. "How could you." She says quietly. I keep quiet and bring her over to the bed. "You...you...you fiend!" She turns away from me. I push the mattress down so that she rolls towards me. "You shouldn't call your husband that." She glares up at me. "A husband shouldn't threaten to eat his wife!" I groan and kneel in front of her so that I'm looking straight at her. "Well, I didn't eat you," "Terrified me out of my wits" She finishes angrily. I sigh and pick her up. "Yes but it was a form of punishment." She holds tightly to the covers trying to stay on the bed. I let her drop when I hear a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I say gruffly. "Rodger, I have your dinner." "Come in then." He sets the tray on the desk and leaves quickly, ignoring Annabelle on the bed. "Would you like some food sweetheart." She angrily glares at me. "How dare you call me that after how you've treated me." She speaks quietly but she is still audible. I pick up a glass of wine and bring it over to her. "Maybe some of this will lift your spirits. She frowns and narrows her eyes in spite. "Fine, suit yourself." I take a draught and sigh in contentment. She looks away from me in disgust and I roll my eyes. I quietly walk over to the bed and pluck her from the covers with a shout of protest from her.

Annabelle POV

I shiver violently in his hold, fear reaching my every bone. I know my escape plan was ridiculous, I know I lost my head but it is too late to take it back now. I gulp as Jason flops down on the bed and drops me to his chest. I groan, landing on my stomach. Pain fills me and I struggle to push myself up but, I see no point. I let my body fall back against his chest. Jason begins to run his finger up and down my back, seeming to ignore our previous spat.

"Jason?"

"Yes darling?" I cringe at the pet name.

"Are... are you mad at me."

"A bit." He says, his voice soft and even.

"Oh." My voice dropping.

He continuously pets me. The feeling is... surprisingly calming. Maybe it is just because of how often it has been repeated. Though, this doesn't change the fact that the simple motion was lulling me to sleep. I fight off the tiredness and struggle to keep my eyes open.

"Stop trying."

"Huh?" Jasons sudden words surprise me.

"Stop trying to not fall asleep. Im not going to do anything further to you, you've learned your lesson. Now sleep."

He prompts gently and pulls the covers up over me and pushes my hair out of my face as I roll over. I decide to welcome his kindness and take advantage of it. Quickly and quietly, I fall into dreamland where at least something can go my way.

Jason POV

Her tiny form falls asleep on my chest. I run my finger up and down her back. I even surprised myself at how quickly I have forgiven her. Maybe its because of how small and helpless she is compared to me or maybe it is because she had no choice in any of this. Whatever the reason, I have moved on and now am taking care of a small human. Correction, a small beautiful human. I blow out the bedside candle and snuggle down into the covers, laying my hand over Annabelle and closing my own eyes. Driffting peacfully into sleep.