Part 1

1330 words. Allan Mulloy ⬆️

This town wasn't that bad as Numa's thought, it was correct not too lonely but not too crowded. Good enough for her to survive.
Since she was a nurse, she applied for the job apparently she was really needed because a lot of people got hurt in this town. Alan and her were in his father's house in the woods, he wasn't there at the moment so she did try to not mess things up. She didn't know how he was and for knowing how bad Meredith and him divorced, she really didn't want to mess up things.

After cleaning the house and setting half of her clothes in the house, the other half would go to the studio Meredith rented her in town just in case, she started to get bored. Usually she liked to stay at home doing nothing but reading or binge watching Netflix but her phone was off and neither the TV or her laptop were here yet. Not even her books. Alan was out to see his father again and she was alone so she started getting out, walking in the woods trying not to think about all the stupid horror movies she saw at the time thinking she was tough.

Then she saw this house, well more like abandoned than anything else, it has been destroyed. She knew damn well to not be near abandoned house, every horror movies has some dumb people going in some dumb abandoned big house but this one didn't count and she wasn't dumb anyway. A little grave was still on the ground, she could only read 'Hale'. Hale ? As in Derek Hale ?
A voice made her turned around so fast, her spine almost snapped.

"Who are you ?" The man asked really wary. He was pale but not that much compared to a vampire, he seemed alive. He looked young like in his twenties just like her.
"I'm really sorry, I didn't wanted... wanted to... it's not what it looks like." Was all that came out of her mouth.
"I don't care. Who are you ?" He asked again.
"Ohh yeah ! I'm Numa Kaman nice to meet you." She said with a full smile and holding out her hand to him but seeing how he looked at it she removed it laughing very nervously. Way to go. Then she remembered what she saw. "Is Derek Hale used to live here ?"
"Why do you want to know ?"
"Hum... we... we used to be... no... we used to know each other when I was still in Canada." He didn't said a thing for a moment looking at her suspiciously.
"Well he used to live here but if you are one of his hook ups-" He looked hurt for a second.
"Oh ! Hell no ! I mean not that he's not... you know." She said emphasize her words with some large mouvement but seeing the look on his face she stopped. "Well hum... I knew him when I was only 15, we met in a very snowy wood actually. We got friends that's it. I knew he was a werewolf before he even managed to tell me and that was what gotten us close." She smiled at the memory of him babbling nervously to explain why his eyes changed color.
"Oh then I'm sorry, I'm Stiles Stilinski by the way."
"You're his mate right ?" He eyes widened for a moment before he tried to compose himself. "I saw the way you talk about him, a lot of love especially after thinking I was one of his hook up."

He laughed then after that they sat there talking about everything and him telling her a little bit about this town. She told him about her vampire family and her old life in Canada. It felt so good for her to talk to someone that was not Alan when he was there.
She told him that she was going to work at the hospital as nurse and he wished Numa good luck not explaining why. They split before exchanging numbers. She send him a text telling him that she was safe in her house.
She got a shift early m in the morning, she has to wake up much earlier than usual but the excitement was too much to contain. She was running around all happy to start a new life and before the sunrise, Alan came back very happy too, probably the father-son bonding has been good.

"Hey little head, you're not asleep ?" He asked throwing his vest on the couch, he better took it right after, she said to herself.
"Well big head, I got a job now, you know nurse in the hospital and a very early shift this morning. I had to be there in 30."
"A job ? You didn't tell me they take you." He asked removing himself from the hug.
"Yes a job." Numa said rolling her eyes and moving away from him. She didn't have time for this. "If you were with me other than 2 hours in the morning, you would have known Alan. Now it's my cue to leave I'll be back be tonight, bye !" She waved at him closing the door.

It was cold outside but nothing like Canada, nothing could came close to where she used to live. The snow used to cover everything and it was beautiful.

For Alan, he didn't liked when she was outside the house, first because apparently it was dangerous but mostly because he was jealous. And his jealousy tend to be a little bit exaggerated or dangerous.
After crossing the wood carefully following the little road, she ran to catch the bus who dropped her near the hospital. It was going to be her first day and she was almost late. 'Way to start Numa !' She thought rolling her eyes.
The nurse who was in charge of her was really beautiful and seemed young, she smiled at Numa before hugging her. It was unexpected.

"Hi Numa that's it ? I'm Melissa McCall but call me Melissa we all call each other by our name here. Come, I'll fill you in." She said too fast for her brain to register but she was sweeter than a candy and it was all she needed. Smiling, she followed.

There were a lot of patients she has to take care of but it was all cool, the pace was easy to catch and the day went as flying for her.

Scott was not really in the same mood, he got a lot of things to do with his job and the pack, he was tired but it was his duty. Unfortunately, his nights were short.

"Scott ! Wake up !" Alan Deaton his friend but especially boss said making him jolted awake. "Have you check everything ?"
"Yeah yeah." He hummed his head not following what was going on. "You're free to go. But your mom called and you need to get something from her because she will not be home this night or something."

The first sentence was all he needed to really get up and leaved as fast as possible getting in his car to drive to the hospital. It was already night outside and only the lamps were on. He parked his car and got out before catching a scent that almost sent him in heaven. It was cold outside, winter after all but he felt warm not because of his ability but because of this scent then his eyes met hers.

He wanted to touch her or just felt her breath against his skin, to see her smile lighting up her beautiful face and tracing the crinkles around her eyes. To mix their scents and live in it forever. The craving of her creeped into his veins and he felt nothing but peace around her, nothing was holding him on this earth except her magnificent presence.
He realized that all he had ever wanted was right in front of his face.