Chpt 18 - Beneath The Sky

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap-

A book was slammed shut. "Could you please, for the love of all things good and holy, stop tapping your pencil on the desk?!"

I halted in my pencil tapping and looked at Josie, who had an exasperated look on her face.

"Sorry," I replied sheepishly.

"You said that the last 18-"

"19!" corrected Lauren.

"The last 19 times I've told you off. You know you can go for a walk, right? You are allowed to leave the house."

"Only onto the grounds."

"So? You can still get outside. I know Francis isn't around, but honestly, it's three days. This is day two. You only have one more day left and you're acting like you've been locked indoors for 3 weeks."

I slouched down into my chair, folding my arms as I did so. "Feels like I've been locked up for 3 weeks," I mumbled.

Was I aware that I was acting like a child? Yes.

At this point in life, did I care? No.

Was not seeing Francis for 3 days going to kill me? No.

But did it feel like I was dying? Yes.

"Stupid feelings making me feel things," I muttered angrily.

Lauren sighed. "Honestly, (Y/N), you probably wouldn't feel this bad if you just went for a walk."

"What's the point?" I groaned dramatically, slouching so far down that I left my chair and was now laying on the floor.

"I'm starting to worry that he's going to jump out of the window," Edward piped up from his seat near the door.

"Wouldn't surprise me," the sisters said in unison.

I sighed and threw an arm across my face. "I'm bored," I whined.

"And we're bored of you complaining about being bored," snapped Josie.

Lauren sighed again. "Look, we know that you miss your French lover-boy-"

"Not dating."

"Your almost French lover-boy, but seriously, this sort of pining is only ever seen in romance novels or plays. Like Romeo and Juliet!"

"This is not like Romeo and Juliet."

"Yeah, they both die at the end," added Josie.

Lauren scoffed. "Well you and Francis better not die on us, understand? We've worked too hard for this."

I raised my eyebrows and looked up at them. "For what?"

"Huh?"

"Worked too hard for what?"

"Nothing. Lauren's just being an idiot again," Josie said. Her arms were folded and she was glaring at Lauren.

Strange. That doesn't happen a lot.

Lauren simply stuck her tongue out at her sister and went back to her sewing. She was fixing up an old pair of formal trousers she had found. So far, they were looking pretty good.

It was quiet for several minutes. Josie had resumed her reading - as had Edward - and I continued to stare at the ceiling. The problem with only having one main hobby was that if you got bored of that, then you practically had nothing else to do. Apart from laying on the floor and complaining about how you had nothing to do.