Chapter 32: Final Stand

Comenzar desde el principio

Silas almost smirked. "How did you come across the cure anyhow?"

"The Mikaelsons aren't the only ones who can track down Katherine Pierce." Eva smiled. "Child's play."

"The Petrova doppelganger, I assume." Silas nodded – clearly he had someone who had been able to tell him all of this information, Eva summarized. He would know far more if he had some way of finding information on his own through his sorcery tricks. "Well, that would make sense by all accounts." He tilted his head, regarding her face once more. "Very well. Hand over the cure and be assured that Klaus Mikaelson will die."

"At your hand." Eva finished, eyes narrowed.

"At my hand." Silas smirked properly now.

Eva extended her hand once more, dropping the vial into Silas' waiting palm. His smirk slowly faded from his face.

"What's wrong?" Eva frowned.

"You are foolish." He said darkly, glaring now.

"I don't understand." Eva said, wide eyed.

Silas scoffed degradingly at her. "I spent over two thousand years holding the cure in my grasp. You don't think I would know when it was truly in my hands?"

"It can't be..." Eva murmured.

Silas held up the glass. "Where is the real cure?"

"I swear, th – "

"It's a pity," He sighed, cutting off her protests. "You remind me so much of a woman I once considered my friend. I loved Qetsiyah in a way, just not the way that she wanted me to, and she betrayed me just as easily as you did." He stroked a finger down the side of her cheek before flinging the vial into the undergrowth and wrapping a hand around her slender throat. Eva gasped, tugging at his forearm while he lifted her slightly off the ground so the tips of her boots scraped against the dirt.

"Where is the cure?"

"I'm your cure, mate." Kol quipped from behind Silas, before grabbing his arms in an attempt to restrain him and free Eva from his grasp. Eva dropped to the ground, taking in an unnecessary lungful of air. Being supernatural didn't make it any less painful when you got hurt, it only made recovery time quicker.

Silas struggled against Kol, wrenching a hand free to slam an elbow back into his face, instantly breaking his nose. He spun around to face Kol, but another interruption came from behind him.

"Don't even think about hurting my baby brother." Klaus growled, swinging Silas back around to face him before sending a punch to the side of his head. Silas used the momentum of Klaus' blow to swing and right himself again before returning the punch, catching Klaus on the shoulder and making him stumble. Before Silas could do more, Caroline was there, pushing Silas away from Klaus and back into Kol's grasp. Silas used his feet to propel them both backwards until they hit a tree, momentarily breaking Kol's grip around his chest. Silas sped from his reach, looking around wildly to see whom his next attacker would be. His eyes locked on a certain individual who had remained away from the fight.

Gwen stood there, hands clasped around the slender block of stone they had carved from Silas' gravestone. The talisman was around her neck, and she was ready to channel Qetsiyah to ensure that the destruction of Silas would be full and proper, connecting his life and death in a full circle to restore the balance to nature.

In Silas' eyes, she was the biggest threat.

Caroline flew at him once she saw what his intent was, her fingers digging into the flesh of his arm like claws. He knocked her back with a single blow to the chest, causing Klaus to snarl and retaliate, plunging his hand into Silas' chest. He too was pushed off, Silas yelling in pain as a rib came out clutched in Klaus' grasp. Yet nothing held back Silas' advance as he sped towards the witch.