Chapter 18: La Bellezza al Ballo

"I cannot believe we are actually going through with this crazy idea." Caroline said as Rebekah sat at the oak table with scattered pieces of paper, drawn out lists and invitations.

"You're the one who waved Nik's balls around to make it happen." Kol said, dodging the pencil Rebekah flicked his way. It embedded in the wall behind him and she cursed.

"Thanks, now I'm going to have to hang something up there."

"Perhaps Nik's male anatomy?" Kol grinned.

"Maybe yours. I'm inviting Eva." Rebekah grinned evilly, and Caroline watched Kol's face instantly change.

"No."

"She's in the area."

"No."

"Who's Eva?" Caroline asked, as Kol started to turn into a mini-Klaus in a temper tantrum, pacing and growling under his breath.

"It's a long story spanning over 750 years." Rebekah said.

"Geez, and I thought the Salvatores had enough girl history themselves." Caroline exclaimed, hopping up to sit on the table and watch Kol run his hands through his hair in a panic.

"She is not setting foot in this house." He grated.

"She is my friend." Rebekah snapped back.

"You have friends?" Caroline said, earning a dirty look from Rebekah. She blew a kiss her way in form of apology, and the Original blonde seemed to accept it.

"She is my friend, Kol, and she's nearby, and she is invited, and she is going to be here."

Kol spun a plate from the table into the solid wood paneling, and it smashed.

"And I'd appreciate it if you didn't destroy the house while Rebekah plans her party." Elijah said as he walked in.

"Shut it, Elijah." Kol said, and found himself pinned to the table next to Caroline with a wooden salad fork through his shoulder. Rebekah and Caroline didn't even flinch - clearly Caroline was becoming accustomed to the odd family fights around here. Elijah seemed to have barely moved an inch, moving in the opposite direction to adjust the painting Kol had managed to tilt with the plate.

"Don't be disrespectful. You know better."

"Eva is coming." Kol groaned, prying the fork from his shoulder so he could sit up.

"And how is that any reason to be rude?"

"It's every reason." Kol snarled.

"Who is Eva?" Caroline tried again, knowing Elijah would give a better recount of whatever history there was between Kol and the mysterious Eva.

"Eva is a charming young lady Kol turned sometime in the 13th Century." Elijah began.

"Shall we have a sit down dinner or just a mingled party of entrées?" Rebekah interjected.

"She and Kol have been seeing each other over the years." Elijah continued.

"Meaning that he cant get her out of his mind much as he tries." Rebekah snickered.

Kol just glared murderously at them all. "If I could snap all your necks and get away with it without Klaus coming after me too, I would."

"Lovely, Kol. Thanks." Caroline sighed. "I'm just trying to get an idea of how much of a storm this gathering will be."

"Well, no Salvatores will be present, so there's at least a good chance there wont be too much drama." Rebekah mused. "Formal or just cocktail?"

"Formal." Elijah said, and Caroline shot him a weird look.