Chapter 9: Oh Vienna Part 2

Start from the beginning

"And Nik stabbed us all with daggers so we wouldn't leave, and he and Kol fight like that more often than you think."

" – but even through all that, you want to protect each other, always. Its really wonderful."

Rebekah pursed her lips, clearly deep in thought. Caroline realized she had made their talk far too deep and meaningful once again, and she spun once more to check the back of the dress.

"I'm going to put this in the maybe pile. And I want to see you try some of the stuff I picked out too. Don't think you're escaping that." She said firmly before closing the door again.

Rebekah scoffed. "Please, my taste is far better than yours."

"I'm going to prove you wrong." Caroline sing-songed, and Rebekah allowed a true smile to grace her face since her shopping companion couldn't see.

Rebekah dragged Caroline along to a lingerie shop, her mood lifting with every passing minute. Caroline could see just how loving and caring and innocent she must have been a thousand years back before the bloodlust and curse of being a vampire had set in her soul. And she was fun to be around, despite the bitching. If Caroline could help her get back to the human girl she used to be, she would be happy.

That didn't mean that she was comfortable going bra shopping.

"Really, Bekah?"

"You'll need more underwear than you have, Caro-poppet, my brother has a tendancy to rip clothes off."

"Okay, one: so not having sex with your brother, and two: you know this how?"

"He's had some conquests over the years, and I've had to help out the poor girls who've been stupid enough to fall into bed with him." Rebekah's eyes widened, and she looked at Caroline reassuringly. "But that won't be you. Really."

Caroline folded her arms, masking the tiny slip of pain that had somehow sharded its way to her heart. "How?"

"Because they were all humans. You're his first vampire, Caro-pop, and that is not something to be taken lightly."

"Gee, thanks, Beks." Caroline rolled her eyes, but pondered over Rebekah's words as they browsed through the store. Caroline was soon blushing; there were no shops exclusively for panties in Mystic Falls, and she had happily stuck to the most risque underwear sets in town that were available in the back of the best clothing outlet. It turned out, the 'risque' garments were toddler tame compared to the new world of frothy lace, corsets, silk, and the garters, my goodness.

"Oh, how fantastic, this is your first time?" Rebekah's grin was positively evil, and Caroline scowled, tossing her head back.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you."

"Its probably better that I took you here, then. Some of the French shops are even worse." Rebekah looked at Caroline skeptically, and Caroline huffed, taking the simple white lace set she had been admiring and walking off to the change rooms.

After much ribbing, Rebekah prompted Caroline to buy a couple corset and garter sets as well as the colourful array of garments she chose. Caroline waited patiently while Rebekah tried on a few.

"You wouldn't be buying these with a certain someone in mind, would you?" Caroline fished, thinking of the few flings Rebekah had had. She secretly thought that her and Matt were cute. You know, when Rebekah wasn't doing her crazy evil bitch thing and was reverting to her sweet, soft, honest girl self.

"Listen, Caro, I think you're cute, but not that cute."

"Thanks for the confidence, Bekah bitch, but I wasn't talking about me."