Chapter 30 - Season 4 Opener

Start from the beginning

“So, we good?” she asked, nervously. I thought it over.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

She offered me a smile, which I returned.

“But I'm still mad at what you put Elena and your brothers through.” she said. I sighed, but nodded. Bekah let out a groan, slowly waking up. I turned to her.

“Wakey wakey Bex.” I whispered. Her eyes flashed open and she looked at me. She gasped, and tears filled her eyes.

“Lizzie?! How is this possible?!” she asked.

“I have no clue.” I admitted, tears filling my eyes as well. She went to give me a hug, but grimaced when she realized she was tied with vervain ropes.

“What is going on?” she asked. I shook my head, not knowing.

“Alaric outed us to the Council.” Caroline spoke up. Bekah and I looked at her, shocked. She continued. “I guess they are rounding us up to put us down.”

Bekah scoffed. “I'm an Original. What are they going to do with me?” she asked.

We both shrugged, but looked at each other worriedly. Bekah may be durable, but we were not.

All of a sudden, the van swerved and started rolling. We were tossed from around, until the van came to a stop.

“What the bloody hell?” Bekah exclaimed. Suddenly, the door was tore of its hinges.

-Elena's POV-

I woke with a start, gasping for breath. I looked around, dazed and confused.

“Hey, hey.” Stefan said, grabbing my hand to calm me down.

“What happened?” I asked.

“You were in an accident. You and Matt drove off the bridge.” he explained.

“Oh my God, Matt.” I exclaimed.

“He's fine.” came another voice. I looked and saw Damon sitting by the window seat.

“I saved him.” Stefan chimed in, shooting a glare at Damon.

“But, how did you save me?” I asked.

“He didn't.” Damon said, glaring at Stefan. Stefan sighed, and looked at me.

“By the time I got back, you had drowned.” Stefan explained.

“Then, how?” Am I dead?” I asked, confused.

“You died with vampire blood in your system. Meredith gave it to you earlier when you were at the hospital.” Stefan mumbled. I gasped.

“Am I...?” I asked, shocked and confused.

“You're in transition.” Damon said, looking at me with hard eyes. I couldn't pay attention to his mood though, because I was freaking out.

“But... I... I don't want to be a vampire!” I exclaimed.

“You might not have to make that choice. Bonnie is looking for another way out.” Stefan said. Damon scoffed.

“Yeah, right. There is no other way. You feed or you die. There is no door three.” he said, standing up and stomping out of the room. Stefan and I watched him leave, then looked back at each other.

“I'm still hopeful Bonnie will find you a way out of this. I need you to stay hopeful too.” Stefan whispered.

I nod. “I am.” I said. He smiles and kisses me. I kiss him back. He finally pulls away.