Chapter 32

-Elizabeth's POV-

I awoke the next morning to the curtains being flung open and bright light streaming in. I groaned and curled into Klaus, trying to block out the suns rays. I heard a male chuckle that was strangely familiar. I sat up quickly and looked over to see Kol leaning against the wall by the window, smirking at us laying in bed. I jumped out of bed and ran over to him, jumping on him, throwing my arms around his neck and wrapping my legs around his waist.

"KOL!" I shouted as I ran. He caught me as I leaped on him and wrapped his arms around me. We were locked in our tight embrace until we heard Klaus cough behind us. I jumped down, and took a step back, sending a smile to Klaus. Kol was the first one to speak.

"Now, I'm happy your alive and so glad to see me. And I usually love it when naked woman throw themselves at me. But this... this is a little awkward." he said, chuckling and smirking at me. I blushed, remembering for the first time my state of undress. I had just jumped on Kol in just my bra and panties. I coughed, and looked down. I glanced at Klaus. He had a smirk on his face, but I could see the jealousy burning in his eyes.

I walked over to him and pulled him into a long, passionate kiss. He kissed me back.

Kol coughed and we pulled away.

"You're mine." Klaus whispered into my ear. I shivered at those words, but nodded.

"Yours." I agreed, smiling at him. He smiled back and pulled me down next to him in bed.

I snuggled into his chest, and looked back at Kol. He was standing awkwardly at the wall, averting his eyes.

"Now that you two are done burning my eyes and ruining my morning..." Kol began, turning back to us with his usual smirk on his face; "...welcome back from the dead." he finished, grinning wider. Klaus and I both chuckled.

"Thank you, brother." Klaus said, grinning at him. I just smiled at him.

"Now then, get up and get dressed. It's about time for a family reunion. 'Lijah should be here soon, and we can get back to being one big happy family." Kol said, grinning wickedly. Klaus chuckled, but I was stuck on something Kol had said.

"Elijah's coming?" I asked excitedly. Klaus glanced at me, and held me closer. Kol noticed and grinned wider, but nodded at me.

"Upon hearing you and our dear brother were alive, as well as Alaric being dead, he decided to come and be a family again – unless Nik decides he wants to dagger us again." Kol said, grinning at Klaus cheekily. Klaus scowled at him.

"Out." he said. Kol grinned at him, but walked out of the room, shooting me one last smile. I sighed, but snuggled into Klaus as Kol left.

Klaus placed a kiss on my forehead, but he seemed bothered. I glanced up at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, chewing on my lip.

Klaus sighed, but refused to meet my gaze. There was a moment of silence before he answered.

"You seem quite close to both of my brothers..." he finally murmured. I looked at him, shocked. I reached up and pulled his face around, forcing him to look at me.

"Klaus... I love your brothers – but as brothers. Kol is my best friend, and Elijah is like a big brother to me – a friend and confidante. You are the one that has my heart." I whispered, staring into his blue eyes.

He looked at me, as if he was searching to see if I was being truthful. He must have saw I was, because he leaned down and kissed me. When he pulled back, he sighed.

"I guess I'm just slightly jealous. You know how I can get, love."

I smiled and nodded.

"I know. But trust me, I have no romantic feelings for anyone other than you. I never have, and I never will."