Chapter 12

A/N: Wow, two updates within the hour. I'm on a roll! Haha. I'm just full of ideas right now, and I figured I might as well post my chapters as I write them. Enjoy.

-Elizabeth's POV-

I wake up with a groan, and the first thing I notice is that I'm comfortable. Too comfortable.

I look around and notice I am laying on a bed in a strange room. I have no clue where I am, or how long I was out. Judging from the daylight, it looks like the sun is just setting, so it couldn't have been too long. I was still in my same clothes, which I was profoundly thankful for. The last time I was kidnapped... I wasn't going to think about that...

Suddenly, I hear footsteps approaching. I jump out of the bed, and get into my fighting stance. Whoever this was, I wasn't going down without a fight. Again. The door opens, and all I can do is blink.

“Hello, sweetheart.” a familiar voice says. My eyes start to tear.

“Well, someone is happy to see me.” he says, as I take in his brown hair, and gorgeous brown eyes. He had that all-too-familiar cocky smirk on his lips.

“Kol...” I whispered, then vamp-speed to give him a hug. I pulled back, then remembered how I had got here. I slapped him, hard. His head snapped to the side. When he looked back at me, he wasn't shocked or angry at all. No, he still had that annoying smirk on his face.

“And what was that for, love?” he asked.

“For snapping mine and my brother's neck.” I said, angrily, glaring at him.

“Well, he has been driving my family crazy, so I thought it was fitting – though I have never met him...” he grinned.

“And me? Why did you snap my neck?” I asked testily.

“Oh, that. That was because I wanted to have some fun.” he said, his grin widening.

I glared, and went to slap him again, but he caught my hand and pulled it to his lips.

“Now is that anyway to treat your best friend after seeing him for the first time in nearly a century?” he asked, with that arrogant smirk. I sighed, and stepped back and folded my arms across my chest.

“I guess not...” I mumbled. He grinned, and slowly, I did too. I pulled him into another hug.

“I've missed you.” I said.

“As I've missed you.” he replied.

“But you know, you didn't have to kill Mrs. Anderson. She was a nice person.” I said, stepping back. He smirked and said,

“Eh, I don't really care. Plus, if I wanted to hide in wait for you, she had to die...” I glared, but nodded.

“Don't tell me you've gone soft since I've been daggered.” he mocked me. I glared.

“No! I just... she made excellent mac and cheese!” I protested. He grinned.

“Whatever you say, sweetheart. Whatever you say.”

I stuck my tongue out, and he laughed.

“So what have you been up to since I've been in a coffin?” he asked. “I see you are no longer with my brother...” I sighed, and went and sat on the bed. His grin faded, and he came to sit next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder.

“It is a very long story, and one I don't like thinking of...” I said.

“Well, we've got time, and you've got me.” he said cheekily. I softly hit his chest, then sighed. I thought back to the day I left Klaus.

*Flashback 1910*

I walked towards the room I had last seen Kol in

Kol...” I called, then heard voices talking. One was Klaus's, and one was Kol's.

And what of Lizzie?” Kol said.

She was merely a distraction, for myself and for you. We've all had our fun, but you've gone too far. You must be punished.” I gasped – all Klaus thought of me as was a distraction? That hurt.

She was more than a distraction.” Kol said. “For both of us. She's my best friend. And you are in love with her.”

Ha! Love is a vampire's greatest weakness, Kol. I have explained this to you before, but you don't seem to understand.” Klaus said. Then I heard a grunt, and a squishing sound.

I looked into the room and saw Kol with a dagger through his heart. I gasped and ran towards him. Klaus turned and say me. His eyes softened.

Lizzie...” he murmured.

Don't.” I said, and ran to Kol. Before I could pull the dagger out, Klaus grabbed a hold of me and threw me over his shoulder. He walked out of the room, me kicking and screaming.

NO! You monster! Put me down.” I shouted.

Klaus ignored me, and turned to one of his compelled servants.

Please go and put my brother in his coffin.” Klaus said, and the servant nodded, and hurried away to do as his master ordered.

Klaus continued walking until we were in the parlor. There he finally set me down, but kept a hold of my arms.

Lizzie. He had to be punished.” he whispered. I got one arm free and slapped him across his face.

He doesn't deserve that. But you do. I heard what you said about me to him. You are disgusting, and I never want to see your face again. I can't believe I ever loved you.” I hissed, then ran out of the room, crying. The last thing I saw was Klaus with a heart broken expression on his face. I ran to my room and grabbed a few necessities, then fled the mansion, never looking back.

*Flashback ended*

“So that's it.” I whispered, tears pouring down my face. Kol looked at me, then crushed me to his chest.

“I'm so sorry, Lizzie. I'm so so sorry.” he whispered. I just continued to cry into his chest, comforted by the fact that my best friend was here.

A/N: Kol and Lizzie are besties!! :) I wasn't sure if she was going to be besties with Kol or Rebekah, but after the last chapter, I decided on Kol. She will still be friends with Bekah, but Kol is her bestie. And, aw, we see a sweet side to Kol. And, Lizzie and Klaus's break-up – gasp. Wow, Klaus screwed up BIG. What will happen? As always, leave me your comments, feedback, recommendations, whatever! 'Til next time.