Chapter 4

((Y/n) pov)

"(Y/n)?"I heard Jenna."(Y/n) bad girl!"I heard Rosy's father.I looked down."Balto did it?"said Rosy's father.I looked to see Steele trying to blame Balto.Turns out Rosy's father forgave me expect for Balto."Good now.Get out of here!"Rosy's dad said as he kicked snow to Balto.Balto ran as I tried to run after him only to have my bandanna like collar to be pulled."Come on,(Y/n).Let's go home."He said as I tried to get out of his grip."(Y/n) please don't."I heard Jenna.I sigh as I stopped.He let me go as Jenna glared at Steele.My head was hanging with my eyes closed.As we walked Jenna slowly nudged me."(Y/n) you have to forget him.No matter how hard you try you and him will never be together."said Jenna."Don't say that.Plus aren't you suppose to support me!"I said in tears."Sh.Calm down.I'm sorry...it's just I'm upset that Steele blamed Balto."said Jenna.I collapsed to the ground.I felt hot tears roll off my fur."Come on,(Y/n)."I heard Rosy's father.I noticed that I wasn't on the ground.I sniffled.I couldn't stop crying.

*The next day*

Me,Dixie,Sylvie,and Jenna watched as sled dogs race to see who makes the sled team.Steele was there just walking back and front."Just look at him.He's gonna to save the entire town.He's positively med...nezze."said Dixie."It's not exactly a one dog thing,Dixie.There racing to see who's going to be on the sled team."I said dully."Steele's a genuine hero.Did you give him a sniff?"said Dixie."That's because (Y/n) is running with Balto."Sylvie chimed in.Dixie gasped in horror as she looked at me."She was seen in the boiler room the other night with Balto and they went in together and left together.And I heard it from a very reliable source and don't bother to deny it."said Sylvie."Well...then I won't."I said as I looked back at the race.Sylvie gasped."I'm speechless."said Sylvie.Dixie mouth hanged open.I laid beside Jenna.

~Balto pov~

I walked back and front on the wobbly fence.Boris tried his best to stand up straight.Boris started saying things I couldn't understand.He started walking towards an open window.He let out a small gasp before getting inside the house."You sit.You arrange refreshment."said Boris I saw him pick up a box of soap."You like potato chip?"said Boris.I would of warned him if he didn't already put it in his mouth.He chewed it and swallowed it.He hiccuped and a bubble came out of his mouth."I'm not watching the race.I'm running it."I said."You said what?!!?"Yelled Boris coughing up all the soap."Hey look.I want to help Rosie get better.I can get that medicine through"I said jumping over Boris.He pointed his finger where I was standing.He turned around to only have me jump over him.He pointed at the place I was.He then quickly turned to face me."First of all,get it through your head.They wouldn't put you on a sled team even if you win.Which won't happen even if you did it wouldn't matter."said Boris crossing his wings."Boris...did you ever think maybe your the reason the other geese fly south."I said."Only if your feet were faster than your mouth."Boris said.I heard a whistle."Hey their starting."I said jumping down and walking towards the race."Wish me luck."I said walking pass people."I don't wish you luck!I wish you sense!!"Yelled Boris."I'll win.I know I will."I mutter to myself as walked towards the starting line.I stood next to Nikki and Kaltag."Balto?!!?Are you nuts?!If Steele sees you around here,he'll turn you into kibble!!"said Kaltag."What's with the half dog run?It'll be fun making him eat our snow."said Nikki.I just ignored the two.I then heard a gun being shot.Meaning it's time to being.All of us started running.

~(Y/n) pov~

"Balto?"I said as I watched him run pass us."What does he think he's doing?"said Dixie.He was soon out of sight.I slowly started jogging across the track."What are you doing?"said Jenna."I need to know if nothing bad happened to him."I said as I saw a fence up ahead.I saw a geese on top of the fence.I slowly poked my head through a small hole of the fence.I saw Balto jumping pillar from pillar."Go Balto!"I yelled.He then started running the long way from the race.He started going under two boats before climbing up a ladder.He started jumping from boat to boat."Balto,where are you going?That's the long way.Balto,get back in the race!"Yelled the geese.Once he reached the last boat he jumped in front of Nikki.Nikki came to a sudden halt.He stopped in shock as a dog jumped on his head.He face planted the ground.He sat up to show snow in his mouth.I started laughing.The dogs were out of sight.I then got away from the fence and walked towards the track.Once I made it I saw Balto in first place.He crossed the finish line."Time!"Yelled Steele's owner as he looked at the stopwatch.He shook his head before looking at it again.I can tell he was shock.