Chapter 26

Nelli's P.O.V

After riding Mrs. O'Leary with Percy, rising this hellhound is nothing, but Axel obviously is very surprised at the giant dog.
"Hey when we get there, I have to talk to some of the Gods, so can you return it?" He says, mentioning to the harp.
"Sure..? Who are you talking to?" I ask, suspicion filling my brain.
"Poseidon and Ares," he says simply.
"Okay..?" I say, squinting.
We arrive quickly, and ask for the 600th floor.
When we get to the Olympus floor, Axel walks in a different direction. We are headed to see Apollo.

Axel's POV

I open the door to the Poseidon throne room.
"Can you invite my father in here?" I say, cutting right to the chase.
"Fine," he sighs, and my father comes in, looking bored at irritated.
"I need to talk to both of you," I say, glaring at my father.
"Then talk," He says.
"I love Penelope. I want to marry her someday. I came to see if it was okay with Lord Poseidon, and to tell you, father, that I don't care if you approve, so you can leave," I say.
"If Penelope loves you, you can marry her. Now even! I mean, not right now, but when you get back to camp, it's all fine with me!" a grinning sea god says.
I grin, down at my shoes. I got his 'blessing' not to sound cliche, but I felt happier than  I have in a long time.

Time Skip from Axel

Nelli's P O V

"And back from their quest, Axel, Rose, and Penelope!" Chiron says.
Cheering escapes the crowd. I don't like standing in front of all of the Greeks, but it was nice to see everyone again.
"And, as a science experiment, we want Penelope Jackson to sing us a song!" He adds.
"A science experiment for what?" I choke out.
"Well, they say all spawn of Poseidon can sing well, and you are a Poseidon spawn," He says flatly.
I gulp, looking at Axel.
"Sing whatever you'd like," Chiron says.
I chose an Imagine Dragons song, titles Next to Me, ^above^.
"I dedicate this to Axel, I wouldn't have survived without you," I say, my cheeks burning.
And with that I sing.
Apparently I am kinda good, because everybody immediately gasped, and even Axel's head snapped to look at me.  I hate getting attention, it's Percy who likes being in the spotlight.
After I finish the song, Axel steps forward.
"I have a question, for you Penelope," he says.
"Okay, what?" I say.
"I love you, will you marry me? Poseidon's good with it, and so is Percy, please Penelope Jackson?"