Chapter 1

(Most of this is actually a real story.It was in 1925 I believe.)

(Nobody pov)

"Three mile mark."a stray husky said.He had gray fur and his stomach was a lighter gray.He had a goose in his mouth.The goose tried to get out of his water mouth."Get your slobber mouth off him."said the goose as he got out of his friends mouth.The goose almost fell off the edge."Come on.Lets go,Boris.We'll cut around the end and catch the end of the race."said the husky walking on a railway of a balcony,but Boris grabbed his tail signaling him to stop.The husky looked at his goose friend."No,no,no,no.I'm telling you.I'm a bird."said Boris.The husky ignored him and was going to continue to walk,but Boris tugged on his tail.The husky looked at him once more."I ain't going into town."said Boris."Aw come on.What's the worse that could happen?"said the husky.Boris used his feather and waved no,but the husky ran before Boris could complain more."AAHH!"Screamed Boris as the husky jumped to other railway as he caught his feathery friend in his mouth.The husky placed him inside a pair of pants that were drying.The husky jumped onto the line....more like almost biting it.Some how the line hold the up the husky and Boris.The husky was able to get to the other side."Please!"said Boris.The husky ignored him as he grabbed his feathery friend by the legs.Once the husky was on the other side of the roof he let go of his feather."Why do I let you talk to me in these things?"said Boris as he thought the area was flat so he took a step,only to fall.Boris fell,but was then hanging from a moose's alters.Boris hanged from his feet.He saw other goose that were puked.Boris screamed,but was pulled inside were a butcher ripped off his tail feathers.Boris stood up and took the feathers as he tried to put it back on."No!"said Boris only to have the butcher take out a butcher knife.Boris tried to escape to only have his beak almost cut off.The butcher grabbed his leg and place him on the cutting board.The butcher raised his knife as Boris screamed.The shadow was on his neck.Boris screamed louder.The husky immediately got him out of there as the butcher said "Bring that back you theif!"Yelled the butcher to the husky.The husky looked at him and then at the race.He looked at the crowd of people.Boris just hanged as he got annoyed."You can put me down now,Mr.Golden retriever."said Boris as it came out as a mutter."Whatever you say,Boris."said the husky as he laughed a bit.He let go of his friend.The husky climbed down slowly."You run around like you really-"started Boris,but the husky cut him off."Maybe I will be."said the husky ready to jump."Haul boy!Haul!"said Boris as he fell inside a house.

*10 minutes later*

"The two mile mark!"said Boris as they got out of a house.Boris was riding the husky."Come on.We don't want to miss the race."said the husky.The husky ran leaving Boris in the snow.

*At a store*

The store keeper put a sled down as a red hair girl had her eyes cover."Okay you can open your eyes now."said the store keeper.The girl opened she eyes to see a sled just her size.She jumped with joy and she was speechless.Two husky was by the door barking.One had red fur and white on her face and stomach.A other one had (Fur color) and (Second fur color).Both of them had a rag as a collar.The girl said she loved it as the two dogs came in.Her parents just laughed."Jenna!Jenna you are the leader dog.(Y/n)!(Y/n)!You should be the second leader!"said the girl as she put both of them in some kind of reins."Mush!"said the girl excited.The mother took out a sled hat."Then you'll need this."said her mother putting the hat on her daughter."A real mushers hat!"said the girl.The husky's barked as the girl got on.Both of them pulled the sled outside.

((Y/n) pov) 

We watched as a mark was in the air showing there one mile away.Today was our Rosy's birthday.Her parents got got her a sled which she always wanted until now."Come on.Mush,girls!Mush!"She said.We did as she asked."Whoa don't get too excited there."I said.Jenna my sister laughed.

*4 minutes later*

"Easy,girls.Whoa."Rosy said as we slowed down.Our friends came over."Good morning,girls.Got to be a close race.Don't you think?"said Dixie.Sylvie came up to us."Every neck and neck."said Dixie."Face it."said Sylvie as I ignored her.Dixie has a crush on Steele."Dixie.What a pretty collar."said Jenna."What this old thing?Yeah.Do you thing steele will notice?"said Dixie as her fur was a bit of a mess as it went back to normal."I think the only way Steele will notice is if there wearing a mirror."I said as I made sure Rosy was still there.I heard people cheering.They must be close."(Y/n).Jenna.Okay girls."said Rosy as we still were attached to the sled.We looked around seeing if they were coming close.I felt some starring at us."(Y/n)!Jenna!"said Rosy as she hugged us.She then took it off us."Hold on."said Rosy as she took of her hat and waved it."Come on,Steele!"said Rosy.Then a gush of wind came as she lost grip of her hat."Oh no."said Rosy as it landed on to the track.Rosy gasped.Steele and his group will step on it."My hat!"said Rosy as she wanted to go and get it.Jenna and me grabbed the tip of her sleeves.I let go."Jenna don't let Rosy get onto the track.I'll see what I can do."I said as I ran where the crowd was to get the hat."(Y/n)!You'll get hurt!"said Jenna as she let go of Rosy.I ran as fast as possible to try and retrieve the hat.I was close to the hat.Steele was getting close with a stray dog we heard so much of.I was going to go and get it,but the stray dog got it.I gasped.One of my paw was slightly on the track.I noticed the stray dog go out of the way.I slowly walked back to Rosy and Jenna.Rosy hugged me.She let me go as the stray came with Rosy's hat."Balto.What a great thing to do."said Rosy as she grabbed her hat.Balto huh?It fits him.I noticed we were only inches away.I heard Jenna giggle."I'm sure (Y/n) would love to have you on the team."said Rosy.Rosy tried to put it on him as her dad immediately came running."Rosy stay away from it!"said her father kicking snow at him.Balto backed away slowly I noticed he was hurt."Dad!"said Rosy."It might bite you honey.He's part wolf."said her dad.Causing Balto to be more hurt."Aaaww,dad.Now you hurt his feelings."whined Rosy.I looked back at him.My body didn't budge one bit."Come on,(Y/n)."I heard Jenna.I forced my body to follow Rosy and Jenna.I noticed Dixie and Sylvie stand in front of me as Steele came.Good lucky.I followed,but I was behind."Hello,(Y/n).Enjoy the race."said Steele."Yeah...yeah...."I started to trail off.Why was Balto...different from the rest?"Thanks."said Steele.I felt like a something just stabbed me in the stomach."(Y/n) let's go and celebrate."said Steele."I don't know,Steele.I suddenly lost my apatite."I said walking faster.I walked next to Jenna."Maybe your taste runs more on wolf."I heard him.I glared at him."Come on,(Y/n)!We're going back home."said Rosy.Jenna slowly nudged me.I slowly followed."Don't let Steele get to ya."said Jenna."I won't."I said.