"I-I can't! I w-will n-not be a-a-able to d-do this." I whimpered.

Ash came running towards me and hugged me. "Don't worry it's alright to have some stage fright, but we have to overcome it, 'kay?" He looked at me. But when I shook my head, he gave that signature toothy grin and said those words that always kept me going.

"Don't give up till it's over, 'kay?" I heard him whisper. I smiled and took another deep breath.

"Good evening Kanto!"

Ash's POV

"Good evening Kanto!" She shouted into the microphone. She raised a fist into the air and pumped the air. All the students started cheering and hooting for her.

She caught me off-guard with her sudden enthusiasm. I remembered the time when she was practicing for a poem recital. I made her stand on the table and handed her a plastic bottle as a microphone. She shakily grabbed the bottle and took a deep breath. But soon started crying and whimpering, thinking that she couldn't do it.

And now, there she is wearing a dress, a pink sash hung loosely around her shoulder and a plastic crown on her head. The Prom Queen. But more like a Princess. My princess.

"So! Who is enjoying tonight?!" She shouted into microphone and held it out like a rock-star. Everyone gave another big round of hoots and claps. She seemed happy and confident. I subconsciously smiled and looked at her.

The definition of perfect stood there.

"I am new at this thing so, I am not going to go on and just ramble some stupid stuff which makes no sense," she said but then softly added, "but I do have a story to share. It might be lame for you but trust me, I learnt a lot from it."

I looked at her and saw that she was trembling slightly. I walked to her and kept my hand on her back. She jerked a bit but then relaxed.

"This year, was a roller-coaster ride for me. I met Marina after a year and had a little reunion with Calem," she looked at both of them and smiled.

"Me, Ash, Marina and Calem are best friends since childhood and after so many years, our group finally came together. At some point of time, I started feeling infatuated by Calem and that was a turning point in our group,

"In short, me and Calem started dating, Marina and Ash started hanging out together and well, we just kind of separated. But then one night something changed," she paused and started looking at the ground.

I felt my stomach dropping and my throat burning. She was talking about the whole sleepover with Calem thing. I felt my knuckles turn white as I clenched my fists.

"But," she rubbed her arm and looked away, "that night I was saved by the person whom I truly love. But I just didn't realize it at that time. After that me and Calem broke up and he hooked up with my dear sis, Marina. I am so happy for you two."

She smiled at them and I could see Calem giving her a thumbs up and Marina waving with a visible blush spread on her face. Sere nodded and continued, "Today, I wasn't going to come since I really am against the idea of prom, dresses and a date, but," she turned around and looked at me, "someone agreed to go with a brat for tonight and I wouldn't let that happen, ever.

"I have to thank Dawn Berlitz for asking Ash out for tonight, because she was the reason I came for- I had to stop her from embarrassing Ash in front of everyone since it's her favorite game, and also," she took my hand and pulled me towards her, "if she wouldn't have made Ash come here, I wouldn't have told him how I feel and we wouldn't have started dating." She winked at me and I felt heat rising to my cheeks.

The whole gym erupted into whistles and cheers. Sere bowed before dragging me off stage towards Marina and Calem. Calem was smirking and Marina was squealing with happiness. Marina ran to Sere and hugged her tightly, "congratulation sis! I am so happy for you!" 

Sere laughed and removed the crown and placed it on Marina's head, "I love my hat more than a plastic." She winked, causing Marina to squeal in delight as she fumbled with the crown. Sere placed her blue hat on her head and smiled.

"Now to end tonight's event, a dance for all the couples and our Prom King and Queen," the council President pointed at us, "please lead the way for everyone."

I looked at Sere as she let out a mini groan. I chuckled, "Come on, it will be fine."

I held her hand and dragged her to the center. A blue spot light shined on me and a pink one on her.

"HEY SPOTBOY! I WANT A BLUE SPOTLIGHT!" Sere shouted and waved her arms towards the spotlight crew. A little boy sent her a thumbs up and within a blink of the eye, Sere got the blue spotlight while I got the pink one.

Sere smiled victoriously while I shook my head, "I am so sure that I will be the bride during our wedding."

"Don't think so far ahead, Ash-ly," she giggled making me laugh too.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and leaned my forehead against hers. 

"I love you, Serena Yvonne."

She smiled.

"I love you more, Ash Ketchum."

I wasn't completely convinced with her statement because I admitted my love for her far earlier than she did, but, I didn't want to argue with that.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘏𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦- 𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘜 🎉