Chapter 27

Serena's POV

"Give a huge round of applause for this year's Prom King and Queen- Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne," the Council President shouted in the microphone. The whole gym seemed to be echoing with laughs, claps and hoots. Many girls and boys congratulated me while I was making my way up to the stage- well, I was being dragged. Forcefully. By none other than our very own, Ash Ketchum. The Prom King.

I ascended the stairs to the stage and walked right in the middle and stood there, trying my best to muster a genuine smile, but failing miserably.

Who likes to be the center of attention? Certainly not me.

The Council's Vice-President came up to me and placed a crown on my head. She was shorter than me so I had to bend a little bit and bow my head. Also, the crown replaced my hat as my hair accessory.

I am going to get this plastic off my head as soon as I walk down.

She then picked a baby pink colored sash from a tray and clipped it to my dress. The sash yelled 'PROM QUEEN' in Leisure Script- my favorite font style. It was written in red, and to be honest, it really looked great.

My thought were interrupted by the screech of the microphone. 

Well, it also doesn't seem to be in a good mood. At least I am not the only one who is sulking right now.

"Now, we all request our Prom King and Queen to come forward and address us all," the President beamed at us.

I turned towards Ash and whispered, "this isn't a political election and we are not ministers to address a crowd."

He replied, "well, I really don't see the harm in speaking in front of a crowd. After all, when do we get the chance to speak and express our views in front of the whole school?" Ash smirked a little and gave a wink before walking towards the microphone and tapping it.

"Oh good, it's working!" He exclaimed. 

This made the whole hall echo with laughter and giggles. I know that Ash knew that it was working, but being the big 'jokster' he is, he just had to add some humor in his upcoming speech.

"I am glad I could make you all smile," he grinned as he continued.

Half way through his speech, I just zoned out and couldn't stop myself from remembering everything that had happened the last few months.

Ash and me were lazying around one day and then the next morning he freaks out because Marina suddenly shows up at my bedroom door. Then Calem turns up and we four start hanging out again like the old times until I realize that I have a crush on Calem. Marina too seems to be attracted to Ash and then the whole 'brother-in-law' incident comes up. Then Calem and I hang out more and one night I go to Ash's home only to see both the boys wearing nothing but their boxers with popcorn. That night Ash told me he loved me and the next day I kissed Calem. Then came two weeks of torture- Ash didn't talk to me for two whole weeks.

"Serena?!" Ash nudged me. 

I snapped put of my thoughts and looked at him.

When I walked up the stage, I didn't know what to say, how to give my thanks for becoming the prom queen. But now I know.

I smiled at Ash and took the microphone from his hand. I walked to the center of the stage. A light blue spot light was positioned above me. I took a deep breath and with that sudden burst of determination, a memory popped up.

"N-No! I-I can't. I-I am t-too scared!" I cried. I rubbed my eyes and sobbed.

"Hey Sere, it will be fine- I promise!" Ash cheered for me.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘏𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦- 𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘜 🎉