The Cheese Festival

Food was placed on a tray as Sarah ordered the regulars she would have on a Thursday. Mixed seasonal vegetables, chicken lasagna and a bowl of ice cream; with a glass of water.

When she picked it up, Sarah headed over to the nearest empty table; she knew her brother was busy hanging out with his friends and the girls were doing their own things. So, she was on her own today. Or so she thought.

Arnold and Gerald called out Sarah's name; they invited her to their table and despite the fact that she was the only girl, Sarah felt happy being included into the group.

"We're not letting you sitting on your own again, girl", said Gerald. "You need to stop".

"How can I?" Sarah asked. "I don't know what to say or do about asking—"

"We need to work on that", said Arnold.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Don't remind me. This isn't the only time I've been told this today".

"Anyway", said Gerald, who changed the subject, "what are going to do on festival night? Are we bringing girls or not?"

"I know who I'm bringing", replied Sid.

Harold, Stinky, Gerald and Arnold repeated Sid's words, whilst nodding their heads in agreement.

"Only if Curly doesn't steal Rhonda from me", said Harold.

"Bringing Girls? Festival night? Am I missing something here?" Sarah was confused.

"We're talking about the Cheese Festival, Sarah", explained Stinky.

"What's the Cheese Festival?"

All the boys (apart from Arnold) gasped in shock.

"Don't tell me you've never heard anything about the Cheese Festival?" asked Gerald.

"I've never seen or heard about it. Is it a bad thing?"

"No, Sarah", replied Arnold. "It isn't.

"The Cheese Festival is a regular festival. It comes here every year for the weekend".

"There's so much to do", said Gerald enthusiastically. "There's a Ferris wheel, stalls where you can prizes, cheese fondu and the Tunnel of Love. Although, I would avoid if I were you", he then whispered.

"Good shoutout", replied Sarah.

"Have you been to a fair before, girl?"

"Once, though I went by myself without permission".

The boys were shocked.

"How did it happen, Sarah?" asked Arnold.

"Well", said Sarah, "it all started with this..."

A Memorable Cheese Festivalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें