"You have the wrong person," Valentina said shaking her head.

Seeing as he wasn't ordering she turned to address another customer, but he grabbed her wrist stopping her. She turned around startled that he grabbed her and pulled away, but he held tight searching her face. What was this guy's problem?

"Excuse me sir but could you let me go?" she warned looking around and seeing that unfortunately Phoebe and Terry were too busy to see the man.

"You know something I need" he continued rising from his seat his tone deep and threatening.

It was intimidating the way he rose above her glaring, but then again when you're 5'3 everyone was taller than you. There was something about this guy that disturbed her, and no way was she going to entertain Phoebe's idea of getting his number. Not to mention up close he seemed a little older than her.

"Excuse me miss, I'd like to order something," a guy said from a corner booth watching the exchange.

"She's busy" the Russian grumbled while Valentina continued trying to break his grasp.

"Busy trying to do her job, I recommend you let her go," the guy said rising from his seat glaring at the man.

Valentina looked between them both seeing the Russian grow annoyed and finally drop her arm. She rubbed the spot he held as he hurried out of the shop. What was his problem? He insisted he knew her, but she had no clue what he was talking about. Shaking her head, she headed to the guy who returned to sitting and looked at her concerned.

"Thanks for that" she breathed to him.

Valentina still cast glances outside as the man walked away into the dark street ahead. Would he come back to her job?

"Did he hurt you?" the guy asked her concerned.

"What? Uh no, I'll be fine" Valentina said and stopped touching the spot he had grabbed her at.

The Café Nook had 4 regulars altogether. Recently it was the Russian, an older woman named Ruby who came on weekends with her husband, and a guy who looked around Valentina and Phoebe's age.

"Can I offer you anything?" Valentina asked the guy as he returned to drinking his still full teacup. "Or you don't seem to need anything"

"You could offer me a few minutes of your time," he said putting the cup back on the table.

"I would but uh, we have customers – ," she said looking around to see they had left, and Phoebe smirking at her.

She mouthed that she had her covered and to go for it. Valentina wanted to say no but then again why not? He had helped her after all. Biting her lip, she sat across from him debating if this was a good decision.

"Your names Valentina? I heard that guy say it but didn't seem like he may be reliable for information" he asked.

"Yes, but some call me Val"

"I like Valentina, sounds nicer that way" he commented, and Valentina cleared her throat awkwardly.

As he looked at her she noticed that he did look cute, nothing to draw eyes wherever he went but when you looked at him you'd notice it.

He usually stayed in this booth reading to himself while he drank his tea, but he had the book sitting aside closed currently. Valentina realized that although he was a regular she never got his name before and he never made conversation with her before.

"Why do you always order tea? Not that it's a problem but being a regular I noticed you don't get the coffee" Valentina blurted out.

Her parents did say her curiosity would get the best of her, but some customers hated making conversation. Luckily the guy didn't seem annoyed or ready to shoo her away.