sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

"you tired?" Zion whispered into my ear

I shook my head no and continued to stare down at the granite floor.

"it doesn't seem like they're gonna give us any updates anytime soon. let's go home and come back first thing in the morning. you need your rest too"

"I got a scratch compared to what he's been through, I need to be here" I said

For the past few hours he and Tahj have been trying to convince me to leave since the doctors discharged me. I won't leave though until I find out what happened to him, after all he's here because of me.

"family of Cairo Paulino?" A nurse said approaching us with a clipboard in hand

"uh yes" I stood up

Obviously we're not family but friends is close enough.

"is he alright?" Jaden asked standing up next to me

"he lost a lot of blood, multiple broken and fractured bones. his left leg not only fractured but shattered. there also was a lot of internal bleeding and bruising, luckily he's AB+ so he was able to receive any type of blood. unfortunately he hasn't woken up yet and we believe he's in a comatose state. you are free to talk to him, we recommend it actually. there's no scientific proof but we do believe comatose patients can possibly hear and dream"

"fuck" I whispered

Jaden broke down in tears and I pulled him into a hug.

"uh nurse, can I have a word?" Zion said

He stood up and pulled her to the side and began to whisper. She on the other hand wasn't a really good whisperer though because I could hear everything she was saying.

"realistically, his chances of surviving this are smaller than the chances of winning the lottery. we're gonna try to do any and everything to save him but I suggest you prepare for the worst" She said

After hearing that my mind wandered back to what the crazy fortune teller had said months ago. At first I didn't believe her but what if there was some truth in what she had said.

"you've invited three new people into your life. In a years time, one will betray you and one will die for you"

What is Cairo's gonna die for me? if that's true then who's going to betray me?

"can we...see him now?" I asked

"I don't think that's such a good idea. after all he recently got out of surgery. it'd be best to go home and rest and you can visit first thing in the morning"

"how about his parents, were the contacted?"

"yes but unfortunately there was no answer. feel free to contact them and inform them, the hospital will try again tomorrow" With that she turned to leave