Zeus x reader (Fear)

You lay on your bed trying to fall asleep. It's almost dawn but you still couldn't sleep.

Zeus lay next to you, his arm wrapped tightly around your waist.

You tensed when you felt his hold on you tighten. He loosened it a bit and sat up. You quickly turn the other way and close your eyes.

"(Y/n)" He spoke out calmly. You kept you eyes closed and hoped he'll leave you alone. He signed before standing up.

"I'll prepare our breakfast" He stated with a soft smile.

When he left, you finally managed to fall asleep.

Your sleep was cut short when you heard Zeus's voice calling out to you

"(Y/n), breakfast is ready!" You hastily stood up, scared that you've made him wait too long.

You walk into your kitchen to see Zeus already sitting down. He looked up and smiled at you, only for you to look down and avoid his gaze.

You ate in silence as Zeus watched you. You were thinking about the news the other day about how much damage the storm caused.

"(Y/n)" You tensed and Zeus noticed.

"Look at me, (y/n)" Zeus said in a soft voice. You shakily looked up but as soon as you did you looked down again.

"You're scared" he pointed out before standing up and taking a step towards you, you quickly stood up

"I have to get ready for (work/school)" you murmur before running back to your room and locking the door.

You lean against the door and sigh. You really didn't want to upset him but he still scared you.

"Open the door" Zeus stated in a stern voice. He was met with silence.

"I  said OPEN THE DOOR" You quickly opened up and he saw the look on your face, you were holding back tears.

"My darling, I'm sorry if I frightened you. Let's talk about this, please" He said calmly.

He sat you down on your he'd as he kneeled in front of you, taking both of your hands in his.

"(Y/n), I understand that you're scared, but please know that I will never do anything to harm you" He kissed your hand.

"You...threatened a lot of lives..." You spoke up, looking down. You tried to take your hands from him but he simply tightened his hold.

"I did what I must. You know I love you so much, it pained me to be apart from you" He explained

"So you caused other people pain?" You murmur, still avoiding eye contact.

"What I did is inexcusable, you may not be able to forgive me and that's okay as long as you remain by my side forever. I love you, (Y/n)" As he said the last part, he pulled you into a hug

"I was devastated when you broke up with me...I-I almost destroyed all of Olympus with rage" You felt something wet on your shoulder. He was crying.

"I don't want you to be scared of me, please, I'd never do anything to harm you, I swear on the river Styx" He choked out.

This was an entirely new side of him. You slowly wrap your arms around him.

"I'll try to forgive you, but it'll take time" you whispered.

"I will work for it. For your love and forgiveness" He smiled.