Chapter 11

I start to walk to the exam table when Tobias motions me. I can't stand knowing that she -Jeanine Matthews- will be watching me go through my fear landscape. I sit down as Tobias starts to walk to me. "Good luck" He says as he puts the serum into me. " Okay." I say.

My vision goes black. I am on stage again. I look around. Yup, just like before. I look down and start to read the speech that mean absolutely nothing to me. " Factions have been in our system for over 100 years. We need them. They need us. How else would we be able to survive with out them? You can't put a Dauntless with an Amity just like how you can't mix alcohol with drugs. Not that putting a Dauntless with an Amity is illegal unlike mixing drugs with alcohol. But that's not the point. The point is that ruining the faction system would be a mess." Lies... Lies... Lies.. They clap. The scene changes again.

I quickly realize where I am. The old school house. Okay.. You've done this before. You can do it again. I grab the rock and make my way to the window. I quickly throw the rock at the window and help everyone first. Your stiff is showing Alice. When everyone is done I climb through. The scene changes.

This is where I don't know what to expect. I've never been this far in. I look around. Woods. I look around. Suddenly I hear a car. A truck. It slowly drives away. " Hey! You can't just leave me here alone with out any supply of food, water, and shelter! I'll die out here alone!" I shout and the only response is the cars horn. " Shit." I mumble. 

Maybe if I follow the tracks the car made it could lead me out of here! As I follow the tracks my vision goes black.  

As my vision slowly comes back I realize I am  in a hole. Dirt is being put on me as I think. This must be a new fear. Great. Before I know it I am covered in dirt except my hand. Why is my hand sticking out? 

I need to get out! I need to get out now or I will die. Well I can't actually die when this is all a simulation. I can't scream. If I did my mouth would fill up with dirt. My other hand though.. Is free. Maybe I can quickly somehow dig my way out. As I try to dig the scene changes. 

I am in my old Abnegation home. I run to a locked door and start banging on it. " Help! Someone! Let me out! Please!" I cry. Another door opens. Marcus. He starts to pull out his belt. " Don't come near me." I say. He takes his belt and starts to swing it at me. I punch him before I came. I jolt awake.

" Really? An Amity and a Dauntless can't be put together just like how you can't mix drugs and alcohol?" Tobias says.

" That's what was on the paper..."

" Seriously?"

"No. I added it. " 

He sighs. Jeanine walks over to us. "Congrats Alice. You are officially Dauntless." A huge smile appears on my face.