Chapter 'Four'

"Fine. Abnegation, and Amity. And Dauntless" Each time I say a faction my voice gets lower. He looks at straight in the eye. I give him a weird crooked smile I use to always give him.

"Divergent" He adds. I close my eyes and nod goofily.

" This is serious Alice! You can't goof around with this stuff!" He raises his voice. I nod more seriously and walk away.

I walk back to my room hoping nobody will notice I was gone. I walk inside and lay down on the bed and fall asleep.

I am awaken to the sound of cow bells and Christina shouting " TRAINING ALICE WAKE UP!" Ugh. I get up and quickly get changed into a black tank top, leggings and combat boots. I put my hair up and walk to The Pit.

We all lead to the dummies and continue punching/kicking ect. I pretend this dummy is Marcus. God would I love to actually punch him. I keep punching...

" Your pretty good. " A girl behind me says. I look at her... She looks oddly familiar. Jennifer! How could I forget Jennifer? She was in my kindergarten class! " Jen!" I say with this odd joy in me. " Yeah" she smiles. " You gotta teach me your punching skills." We laugh and continue.

" Ok. Let's have another fight going on." Eric yells. " Alice" oh god. " and... Echo."

I walk on to the matts. You can do this.... imagine it's Marcus. You can do- " You got this. " Tobias whispers. I smile at get in punching position.

Echo walks onto the mat. he takes swing and I'm pushed back. I shake it off. C'mon Alice c,mon! I take a punch and hit his eye. Okay, Okay. He punches my jaw. It's now officially bleeding. I kick him in the stomach and push him on the floor. I look around and then knock him out.

Fight over.

I walk off the mat as they wheel him to the emergency room. I just beat up a guy. How? "Omg! Alice you did great!" Jen squeals. " Thanks." I smile " I'm gonna go to the bathroom and wash up. " " You do that." I laugh and head towards the bathroom.

I get to the bathroom, grab a paper towel, wash my face , and dry off. I sigh when I look in the mirror. I throw away the paper towel and go back to the training.

When I get there I realize the scores for today are up. I twist my fingers and pray that I'm not below.

1. Edward

2. Peter

3. Aziria

4. Matt

5. Molly

6. Uriah

7. Lynn

8. Alice.

10. Destiny

11. Shannon

12. Christina

13. Marlene

14. Will

15. Shawna

16. Echo

17. Jennifer

18. Kate

19. Al

Then, there is below the line. Of course, Tris is 20. I sigh. She's not gonna pass initiation. I feel so bad. I shake it up and keep walking. 8? How did I go from 15 to 8? Was it because I practically beat up a guy? I catch up with Christina. " Hey" I say. I put my arm on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" She laughs." I don't know." I smile and keep walking.

Tris walks up to me. " Where you yesterday? You missed it. We all got tattoos." I laugh " I had to meet up with someone." I say. " Oh.. Who's this someone? Details." Christina barges in. " It was no one, I promise." I say "Please?" she begs. " It was just my brother, okay? Okay?" "And your brother is?"

" That one you can figure out on your own."