08

the next day approached quite quickly

the next day approached quite quickly. alaska and odelia got up and did their daily necessities to get ready for class.
the two walked out of their dorm, whispering their thoughts about the day and how their first plan will go to each other.
as they walked into the cafeteria, much hype was going around.
all the lacrosse boys, including isaac were huddled up in a big group in the center of the cafeteria, chanting the school chant and hyping each other up for the game later that night.
the two girls walked over to the table where they saw zachary was sitting at.
"hey" the two girls said to zachary and sat down.
"hello" he simply said back and was about to say something, before the loud voices of the lacrosse players were heard once again.
"whooooo!" screamed isaac, as all his teammates patted his back and said their "see you at the game" looks and did their handshakes.
"hey, mr. popular" alaska said to the boy as he sat down next to his best friend.
isaac just shook his head playfully and ate his apple.
it was an exciting day, but for some reason the four friends could feel a sense of tension.
zachary broke the silence and looked up from the book he was reading.
"okay, can we all agree we're a bit nervous for what could happen later?"
the four heads turned and looked at each other.
odelia scratches her head and said "i mean it's okay to be a little nervous, right? its the start of our plan that should be going quicker, but we're getting somewhere."
they all took a deep breath and agreed.
the bell then rang which signaled the start of first period.
the four friends walked down the halls when rachel passed by and gave the four, many odelia, a rude look
"fuck off, will ya?" isaac said with courage.
"well you see, im the smartest person in this whole academy. kinda can't. so why don't you?" rachel said as a come back, flipping her hair.
isaac scoffed.
"when you learn to spell smart, let me know."
rachels mouth dropped to the floor, but stayed quiet.
alaska, zachary & odelia at this point practically praised isaac and what he said.
then she began to attack odelia.
"well" she looked her up and down "i see that diet i put still hasn't helped. and you've gotten piece of shits for friends now. have fun." rachel lastly said before blowing her a kiss.
odelia held back the tears, but kept the lump i her throat.
zachary put an arm on her shoulder as comfort.
"c'mon, ignore her. it's not true" he whispered in her ear and led her into the classroom.
alaska and isaac raised their eyebrows at each other and began to think the same thought, as they took entered the classroom.

                                    —-

the classes of the day passed by slowly but quickly at the same time.
it was now time for tutoring and their plan was setting into place.
alaska and odelia walked into mrs squalors room and sat down.
same over in mr harris' room with isaac and zachary.
the two teachers gave their instructions and rules about tutoring, while the students waited patiently for them to wait.
you would think that there would be very little people, because who likes going to tutoring, right?
wrong.
this is an elite school for gods sake.
more than half the school wants tutoring, considering finals before Christmas break is coming up.
after all of that, zachary and isaacs plan started first.
one of the boys got up, and went to go ask a question to harris. that boy would be isaac.
as he did so, zachary ran out and made a lot of noise, causing harris to go out and retrieve him.
"this shit better work" isaac said before standing up in front of the class.
"okay! mr. harris has instructed me to check his computer for the attendance. don't be alarmed, he'll be back from catching that hooligan, real soon."
he slightly laughed at himself for calling his best friend a "hooligan".
his fingers scanned the mouse of harris' computer and he tried quickly to find some evidence.
document after document, and nothing.
that's when he looked over his shoulder and saw a list of names, with the heading of the paper saying " HITN"
he looked through the paper and decided to just take it, incase of anything.
he hid the paper under his shirt and walked back to his desk, smiling at the people that looked at him.
then he texted the group chat.
i- "come back, z"
z- "finally. my legs are killing me from running all those stairs hitting things together."
i- "girls, ready for part 2?"
a & o - "yeah"
i & z - "goodluck"

the group chat then died and it was now odelia and alaskas turn to do their job.
odelia slipped slyly out of the classroom and then re-entered.
"miss squalor! someone's commuting graffiti in the girls bathroom again!" she said to the teacher.
miss squalor rolled her eyes, got up, said odelia was inc charge to the class, and walked out the room with her heels clicking behind her.
the girls nodded at each other and walked over to her desk, looking through her desk drawers for keys of some sort.
"what are you doing?" a curious student asked.
"oh. she took our phones away last period and we're just trying to find them."
the student then nodded and said he wouldn't tell.
well they fooled him.
drawer after drawer, a small key was found in the very back of a dusty wooden drawer.
they grabbed it and hurried back to their seat, making sure no student saw them.
they texted the group chat once again;
a- got it
z - yeah us too.
i- ready to ditch?
o - let's go. meet us in our dorm. tutorings almost over anyways.

all four exited their classrooms and met at the girls dorm.
they sat in a messy circle in the center of the room.
that's when isaac got the paper out of his shirt and odelia took the key out of her pocket.
"i don't know if this is useful. but" he showed them the paper, "i found this" they all leaned closer to the paper to get a better view.
"what could HITN mean?" alaska questioned.
"exactly what were trying to figure out. it has to mean something. look at all of these names. and their test scores, id numbers" zachary said, looking at the names.
there could be at least 1,000.
"Is that the key for the tower?" isaac asked.
"we hope" odelia answered.
"it's almost 7. we should get going." zachary said, looking at the wall clock.
"i'll uh- see you at the game, right?" isaac asked alaska.
"wouldn't miss it" she smiled.
"okay, love birds. that's enough. see you at my dorm in an hour?" zachary asked odelia, to which she nodded.
zachary pushed isaac out of the dorm into the hall,
"love birds? look who's talki-" was all isaac said before zachary closed the door.
the girls laughed.