Chapter 2: Be Safe

Midoriya's POV:

After Todoroki hugged me I couldn't stop thinking about him. He was so warm and he made me feel safe. Some part of me wanted to go back into his arms and never let go. Yet the question remained, why? The exams were about to begin so we got into our teams and if we weren't fighting we sat in benches along the side. I quickly sat by Todoroki, I wasn't thinking clearly. I could see Todoroki make a slight blush at my presences. Iida, Sero, Kirishima, and Kaminar. Went out because they were fighting first. I was so lost in thought I couldn't stop thinking. I then blurted out and look at Todoroki and said " Why did you hug me earlier? "

This clearly caught him off guard he looked startled and blushed slightly harder looking down at me. I could feel my face heat up forming a soft blush.

" I was just worried about you... that's all. You're fighting the guy who hates you most. " He stammered.

" Oh... ok! I didn't think you cared for me that much. I'll be fine I promise. " I saw Todoroki sigh in relief, he was at ease.

After waiting for a while it was finally my turn to fight. I walk down as Todorki clenched his fists worry in his eyes. I got to the battlegrounds Bakugo staring me down. I felt sweat roll down my face. Yaoyorozu and Asui looked at each other worried, they knew this wasn't going to end well. The second they said to start Bakugo made an explosion right away. It sent me flying, but Asui used her tongue and caught me and latched onto a building. Todoroki's battle had been right before mine so he was tired, still worried from the benches. I could tell he was in agony, wanting to come down and save me. Eventually, Asui had gotten Yaoyorozu tied to a lamp post. It was me, her, and Bakugo now.

Asui then grabbed me and hopped off to higher ground with Bakugo on our tails. I then used my quirk to send Bakugo a few feet further back behind us. Bakugo grabbed her tongue and used an explosion on it then the 3 of us all fell. I hit my head directly on the concrete while Asui landed on top of me I covered her to protect her from the fall. I stood up dizzy blood dripping down my face. Asui stood up slightly dizzy noticing how warn out I was.

" Stupid Deku! Why can't you just stay down! " He shouted then punching my stomach and causing another explosion me flying back. Everything was turning white and blurry.

Asui's POV:

I looked over worried Midoriya was taking a lot of damage. While I barely had a scratch, it was obvious Bakugo just wanted to kill him. I then climbed off a building in the distance out of sight. I aimed and shot my tongue grabbing Midoriya and confusing Bakugo. Midoriya's eyes looked dull and his face was bloody. I then had an idea, Midoriya's target was destroyed while mine was in perfect condition. Yet since Bakugo refused to work together it was simple for me to capture Yaoyorozu. I had blind folded her so she was out. I had a plan.

" Hey Midoriya, I need you to use you're quirk as hard as possible on the corner of that building over there next to Bakugo. Once it starts to fall come back here I will cover Bakugo's face with my tongue while you blind fold him. Ribbit. "

He nodded and then jumped away hitting directly where I told him to. Bakugo then didn't do as I expected and used his quirk to explode the falling building! I then panicked suddenly I saw Midoriya. He was running low to the ground then tackled Bakugo's legs.

" ASUI NOW! "

I jumped down with the blind fold and tied it over Bakugo's eyes. We then high fived hearing the victory bell ring. We won and passed our physical exam! I looked over to see Midoriya struggling to stand as blood dripped from his face and arms. Eyes dull and worn out. He then mumbled something only I could hear. Thank you everyone. He then fell to the ground. I turned to see Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki, and All Might running down to the battlegrounds.

Todoroki's POV:

Midoriya! I quickly ran down to the ground to see Midoriya barely breathing and struggling for dear life. I heard Bakugo mumble something before walking off looking pissed. Recovery girl soon came down and healed Midoriya the best she could. We all stayed with Midoriya except Uraraka had to go and do her battle. After being left alone with Midoriya after everyone had left I slowly dazed and fell asleep next to him my on the hospital bed holding his hand.

After many hours and the bell for school to get had rung I noticed Midoriya was awake, petting my hair with a dim smile. I had just woken up and I was hazed but glad to see him awake. We talked for a while as Midoriya playing with my hair every so often mentioning how soft my hair was.

" You know Todoroki, before I fainted all I could see was white and blurry outlines. I didn't know if I was gonna make it so I told Asui thank you, and to everyone else. Silly of me right? " He slightly laughed looking up at the ceiling.

" Midoriya you won't die, as long as I am around you're safe. I don't care if you're destined to die I won't allow it, that's a promise. " I stared determined into his eyes.

We talked a little longer before Midoriya was dismissed to leave. I don't know why, yet every moment with him makes me feel warm inside, I'm dying to be with him all the time. Even if we don't talk his presence is enough. Am I in love with Midoriya? That thought has been on my mind ever since that day.