t w e n t y s e v e n » y ū g e n

Start from the beginning

Both Blake and Marlowe nodded solemnly and said, "Yes."

"Well, in that case, shouldn't my mans," I looked over to Pyper bracing against my nightstand next to me, "Oh wait, what mans?" Pyper started laughing, clutching her stomach while I already had tears forming in my eyes from laughing. And then this girl fell to the ground, completely lost in her laughter. This only made me laugh harder and soon enough, I couldn't breathe. The guys looked at us like we were completely insane and I didn't blame them. Sometime later it was that we entirely calmed down and the room fell comfortably silent. Talon came over, hugging me and placing a soft kiss on my forehead as did Judah, though he held me a bit longer. My eyes flicker to Phoenix's and I could see the anger in his eyes, but he kept quiet. I shamelessly stared at him and it didn't take him long for his eyes to flicker to mine and have our gazes locked. His eyes held an immensely dark and extremely promising look. Promising for what?

§

It was hours later and we found ourselves supposedly having the time of our lives in the living room. We hadn't gone back to sleep and were now just fooling around. My father had called me at half past twelve, wishing me a happy birthday along with reciting a whole essay - or that's what it sounded like to me - that made me sob over the phone. Now, Marl and I were sitting next to each other on the couch, everyone else just kind of scattered when I decided I should probably give him his gift.

"Be right back," I rushed out, getting up and running to the coral bedroom and grabbing the box wrapped in iridescent opal cello paper. I had the stupidest grin on my face running back into the living room and practically shoving the gift in Marl's lap.

"So, I really didn't know what to get you and like I ju-" I started rambling but was quickly cut off as soon as Marlowe unwrapped the paper and opened the box.

"Holy fuck, I love you, Adrianna Vasiliev." He stared in awe at the three pairs of Calvin boxers I got him. But he wasn't done yet; I swear to the sun and moon this boy started crying when he pulled out the last thing in the box. It was a pair of white Stone Island joggers.

"Aw, I love you too, Marl," I gave him a one arm hug and chuckled as he just stared incredulously at the clothes. Not too long after did he break out of his little trance and pulled a small box out from underneath the fluffy baby pink pillow beside him.

"Goddammit, if only hiding gifts from you were that easy," I mutter. Nothing really ever goes past Marlowe for gods sake.

"Well, if you forgot, you're kinda blind," he laughed, "But speaking of, I didn't know you wear glasses?"

"I said the same thing!" Pyper yelled from the kitchen.

"I always have, well not in front of people, that's why you've never seen me with it, I always have my contacts in. But I seem to be having a problem at the moment because I can't find my contacts, I have not the slightest where it is," I utter the last part.

"I would not want to live with your irresponsible arse," Marlowe said cheekily.

"Well, guess what? You already are," I frowned.

"Sadly," he sighed and I gasped. How dare he?

"Oh my god, Adrianna, stop being a drama queen and open my damn present," he whined.

"I'm a drama queen?" I asked cynically while carefully undoing the ribbon on the small box.

Opening the box, I find a pulchritudinous necklace. The chain itself being rose gold plated and the pendant hanging from it was a raw rainbow moonstone. My eyes just teared up taking in the beauty of the simple jewelry in my hand. Some might hate that, but I loved it about myself — finding beauty in the simplest and smallest of things; I hope I always do.