Part 2

Katelyn

"Did you get the job, Kate?" Emily beams as I walk through the doors of our small apartment.

"Nope." I say, throwing myself onto the living room couch. I let out a dramatic sigh and shove my face into a pillow, "It was horrible." I whine.

"What happened, babes?" Emily laughs, handing me a can of beer.  She seats herself on chair opposite me; grabbing a bag of crisps.

"Well, I went in for the interview; all neat and polished. And then-"

"You shouldn't really keep your doors open." Daniel chuckles as he trespasses into the apartment.

"As I was saying, I went in for the interview but things were off the minute I walked through those doors. Anyways-"

"What do you mean off?" Emily interrupts, concern written all over her face.

"Well when I walked in, there was this man: Callum Matthews. He started talking bogus. One thing led to another and he attacked Jake,"

"What!" Emily shouts, reaching for her phone. "Voicemail, dammit."

"Did he do anything to set him off?" Daniel asks, trying to make sense of it all.

"No, he was a madman. He kept repeating himself. He was calling me his 'mate'. I don't even know the guy." I ridicule, "He was probably drunk, he looked a bit tired."

Emily stares at Daniel intensely before speaking up, "Mate? You mean- but you're human!"

"Don't, Em." Daniel mutters, "Yes, Alpha Matthews." He speaks into his phone.

"Katelyn, tell me exactly what happened." Emily instructs.

"Well after he attacked Jake, I may have lost my temper and-"

"YOU PUNCHED HIM!" Daniel shakes in disbelief.

"I didn't mean to, it was in the heat of the moment." I lie, "that bastard had it coming."

"I don't think you understand what you've just done Katelyn." Daniel grunts.

"What's going on?" I ask Emily as she traces back and fourth.

"You have to go." Emily says shakily.

"Why?" I ask worriedly. I've never seen her this nervous.

"Is he going to press charges or something?" I raise my voice.

"You're his now." Daniel clarifies.

"Whose?" I raise my eyebrows and turn to Dan.

"His coming." Emily sniffs, "Kate, run!" She hurriedly pushes me out the door.

"Whose!" I repeat louder, banging on the door.

"Mine." A familiar voice asserts.

***
Sorry it's a bit short. Next chapter will hopefully be a bit longer.

-Nina