t w e n t y f i v e | p h i l o p h o b i a

Start from the beginning

I didn't really know what to pack, I had been moving around my room blindly for an hour now just thinking incessantly. It was January twenty sixth and there's no doubt New York would be freezing. I laugh to myself, freezing? I didn't ever get cold, I just never felt it the way any other normal person would; and everyone would tease me saying I must've been cold-blooded. And I hated winter jackets, scarves, hats, and gloves with a damn passion.

I packed two joggers, - navy and maroon - two pairs of jeans, a nude lace long sleeved bodysuit, and my golden roses, broken dreams club, and Florida State hoodies. I also threw in my white Nautica windbreaker just in case. We were staying for two, maybe three? days, but I was absolutely clueless on what we'd be doing during that time. So I went and threw in a few dresses as well. My eyes caught sight of my dresses from topstylez and I picked out the white 'luminous dress,' the 'chloe gown,' and the navy 'sophie sequin dress.' I took my 'halle' heels from Aldo along with a pair of gold stilettos. I was wearing my white converse tonight, so I threw in my maroon vans as my alternative. I packed in my undergarments - bralettes and panties - and my teal lightweight zip hoodie to sleep in. And then I was left to pack my essentials - face wash, chapstick, Always liners, Excedrin, toothbrush and toothpaste, body lotion, deodorant, dry shampoo, a hairbrush, hair ties, and perfume. And then the last thing I had to put in my suitcase was my beige and navy Kate Spade crossbody bag and some jewelry - a few chokers, some rings, my Kendra Scott necklaces, and some earrings. Before I zipped up my suitcase, I laid a black maxi trench coat on top of everything.

It was eight thirty by the time I had finished packing and I went straight for the shower. The outfit I was wearing to go was a pair of white jeggings, a pastel pink crewneck with bell sleeves, and a slate colored over the knee suede boots. I got dressed and put on minimal makeup. I grabbed my luggage and my phone and headed downstairs.

Just as I stepped off the last stair, backpack slung on my back and suitcase in tow, the doorbell rang. I tugged my suitcase along and went right for the door, opening it for Phoenix. He was there, dressed in a very well tailored Cambridge grey suit. He looked crisp, his hair however was messy, clear as crystal he had been running his hand through it over and over again. I felt plain and under dressed standing before him.

"Adrianna, you look beautiful," he stated simply.

"Thank you, Phoenix," I whisper, avoiding his eyes. I walk outside, turning back once more to give my mansion a look over before pulling the door in and locking it. My dad wasn't home, he was gone on yet another business trip for god knows how long, so there wasn't really anyone to say goodbye to. How even was I supposed to tell him that I'm going on a trip with Phoenix Worthington to New York City?

He motioned for me to walk first and as I did, he took my suitcase handle in his, our hands lightly brushing. I pulled away quickly as if he had burned me and grabbed onto my backpack straps for comfort.

We were both silent, in the car on the way to the airport and even during the checkout time. He was on his phone, or he was constantly checking it, typing away like no one's business and I pulled out my laptop, typing up a project proposal.

We had about half an hour until our flight boarded and we weren't getting up from the cafe table we had been sitting at for at least another fifteen minutes. I was running thin with my patience and the goddamn project proposal I'd been typing. It had been and idea that hit me when I showered and now, trying to remember it, trying to type it out, it seemed almost impossible. I looked from my laptop screen, Phoenix still had his head bent low looking at his phone, and I looked around the airport. My eyes landed on Starbucks and Muji. Phoenix Worthington, go to hell. I got out my wallet from my backpack and my phone from the table and stood up promptly. His head snapped up and he stared at me wide-eyed.