t w e n t y f o u r | t a m p o

Start from the beginning

§ 

We were in Naples. I have no fucking idea what we were doing there, but I knew we were in Naples, Florida. It was 19:15 now, the sun was still shining, slowly setting, and the drive would have been silent if it wasn't for the soft Frank Sinatra Phoenix had playing. We stopped at this abandoned warehouse and Phoenix pulled the key from the ignition. What the fuck. He got out the car, but hell if I was getting out. The place looked fucking terrifying, hell it could be haunted for all I know. The grass was far outgrown and the bricks of the warehouse was literally decaying.

He came by my side and opened the door, "Get out, Adrianna."

"Absolutely not, Phoenix, that looks like the kind of place I'd meet my death in," I scoffed.

"Adrianna, get out of the car, or I will fucking carry you myself," he sneered.

"Who the fuck are you," I sneered back and got out the car. I thought it was better to listen then to have him throw another bitch fit. Whatever the hell he was about to say, he was stopped when the guys came around us.

"Shall we?" Blake asked in a dark voice.

I was scared for my fucking life, but I walked with Phoenix and Marl by my side and Blake and Judah in front. Time to fucking die I guess.

Entering the warehouse, it was clearly lifeless. Well, I think it is. I couldn't see a damn thing and it only made my fears increase. It was pitch dark. Black. There was nothing to be seen and the door closed behind us almost inaudibly. I felt as if I was lost in the warehouse, that I was not near any of the guys, but the sound of their breathing is what kept me from freaking the fuck out.

"Hand her over, Worthington," a man's voice growled. Holy mother of fucking fuck. I had to hold myself back from screaming, screeching, and yelping. I was rooted to my spot, in fear that if I moved I would get shot. Or slip, fall, and die.

"Never," Phoenix growled back next to me. He wrapped a protective arm around my waist though it was dark and no one could see us. And I knew I had my crew surrounding me, all armed.

"Give her to me, and no one gets hurt," the man growled again, emerging from the dark into this one sliver of sunlight; we were still unseen. I'm guessing he's the leader?

"No," Phoenix laughed menacingly.

"That's it," the man growled out and I was scared for my life. Five other guys came behind him, all armed. Holy fuck, I'm really going to die.

"You wanna play this way?" The same man asked, cocking an eyebrow. And though he couldn't exactly see us, he could see us; we were bioluminescent.

The man took a shot, missing us all by just a few feet. But I guess Judah had had enough of fool's play. He aimed at one of the men and got him. The guy fell to the floor, blood oozing out of his neck.

"Oh wonderful, you're all armed," the leader chuckled darkly.

"You bet your bloody arse I am," Phoenix shot back.

"You fucking bastard," the leader yelled angrily and aimed his gun. We couldn't see what or where it was aimed to and then a piercing scream left my mouth. I was shot in my thigh. Holy fuck!

"Oh hell no," Blake yelled. All of them emerged from the light and started shooting. Five against six.

"Oh my god, Phoenix," I breathed out and fainted in his arms, but not before I heard Blake whisper, "Take her and care her, and if I dare find her worse than this, I will have your head."

"Y-yes," Phoenix muttered quietly.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in the car with Phoenix. The sky was dark with stars shining, the soundtrack of Call Me By Your Name was playing quietly, and my thigh was wrapped with a cloth. Still, I couldn't stop myself from moaning out in pain.