Chapter 42

Start from the beginning

I steadily lowered the gun—clicking the safety on and setting it down on the bed. I weakly gazed up at him for a moment; tears pouring out of my eyes. Dripping down my thin, pale cheeks. During my emotional break down, I felt the veins in my arms and hands contracting; the adrenaline that was pumping through out my body began to slowly dissipate.  My eyes longer feeling inflamed or irritated anymore.

It wasn't long before I began crying once again—covering my face with my hands in order to mute my sobs and to hide the pain and torment I've been through just in the past few days. While I was weeping into my hands, not caring if my father was still there, I felt the bed dip down right as he sat on my bedside and humanely wrapped his arms around me. Genuinely hugging me and pulling me close to him.

I was caught of guard straight away, not knowing whether I should hug him back or jerk away from him. Despite the solace and sympathy he was giving me, I clasped my arms around him. Embracing him and hugging him back.

We stayed like this for sometime, until I decided to finally pull away from him. In spite of already calming down, tears were still continuously pouring down my cheeks. Staining my pallid skin. As I was about to wipe them away using my hands, Dad grabbed a piece of tissue from the tissue box sitting on the end table next to my bed, holding it out to me.

"Thanks," I mumbled, using a hoarse tone of voice. I grabbed the tissue from him—using it to gently wipe away the remaining tears.

"Alright," I crumbled the used piece of tissue in my hands. "Tell me, why exactly are you here?"

"For two reasons," He replied, using a straightforward tone of voice.

"Which are?"

"One of them is to check up on you; to see if you were okay. Because of the fact that there was an assassination attempt on your very life, but that clearly failed."

"Do I look okay to you?" I questioned him, gesturing to my injuries.

"Theoretically speaking, yes. You're still alive, and that's what matters."

"Okay then," I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's the other reason why you here?"

"To clarify with you both the cause and the motive behind the outbreak."

"Weren't you the one behind the viral outbreak?" I inquired.

"Ironically, no," He responded. My eyes widened. "I was planning on unleashing my latest B.O.W.s upon your home town Laura, but someone else had beat me to it." My eyes went completely round.

"Who?"

"At first I thought to it was possibly Tricell, since I've been hearing rumors of the company's resurrection going around lately. But that notion ceased when I captured and interrogated one of the operatives that was sent after you."

***Flashback***

14 Hours Earlier
| 9:55 am |

***3rd POV***

In West Lake Sammamish, one of the many neighborhoods located within Bellevue, Washington, among the countless extravagant and luxurious homes there was one in particular. 1836 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy Se. One of the many safe houses own by Eric Hyde; one of Wesker's common alias.