Chapter Four: Farewell Gandalf, and the Coming Light and Darkness

Saruman looked at the children's faces as he told his story. Their faces showed a mixture of shock, sadness, and confusion. Saruman felt so much guilt over what happened. He wished he could just burn everything to the ground like he would have in his old days. But, he had been reformed and had a new mission to live by.

Albus was the first to speak up. "What? This is outrageous! This is unfair!" He was visually upset. His eyes turned to the ground, trying to deny what he had just heard. "If I was there... I know I could have saved him! It's all the ministry's fault! I hate them!"

Rose tried to comfort Albus, she put a hand on his shoulder and gently rubbed his back. "There was nothing you could have done to stop this even if you had been there. Whoever it was, he was much to powerful. Besides, we're still training."

Albus shook his head, tears in his eyes. He looked up to Gandalf. Now his hero was dead. "I wish I could have killed them all!" He looked at Rose, "I will become the most powerful wizard. I will learn to stop people from dying!" 

Rose looked at him, focusing on his eyes, clear and focused. She was both shocked and sad by Albus's words. "Albus, this isn't you. Gandalf wouldn't have wanted you to turn dark. You're a good person. Don't do this! Don't become the very thing you were meant to destroy."

"And, what do you know about it, Rose?" Albus replied, tears in his eyes. "Nothing! All I wanted my whole life was become like Gandalf. I looked up to him, I was going to be a powerful wizard like he was. Now I don't have that chance anymore. If I have to kill every dark wizard in the universe, I will, to get true justice!"

"Enough of this mockery and foolishness!" Saruman cut in. The kids all looked at him with wide eyes, his powerful voice cutting into the previous conversation. "This is exactly why your parents have instructed me as your defense against the dark arts, because your emotions can cloud you judgments and you have sloppy skills!" 

James nodded, keeping his distance from the conversation. 

Unlike James, Lily was not as understanding of Saruman's words. "Excuse me, Mr. Saruman?" she began nervously, "What do you mean by sloppy?"

Saruman frowned. He knew far too well that Albus's actions would lead him on a dark path. But still, he didn't wish to trouble Lily with an answer. Instead he gave a command, "The hour is late my friends. It's a three day trip to get to Hogwarts. When we arrive, there will be a viewing for Pettigrew and my dear friend, Gandalf."

Lily and James nodded. "As you wish, master," they said. They began to follow Saruman and make their way to the Hogwarts Express.

Rose began to follow close behind, but realized someone was missing. She turned around. "Albus, we need to go. Right now," Rose said.

"Why?" Albus replied, not moving from his place. "There's nothing for me now. Everything I knew is gone!"

"Not everything," said Rose and she walked back over to him. She kissed him on the lips. "You still have your friends, and we're all here for you." She rubbed his shoulder.

"Alright," Albus replied. He held out his arm and Rose placed a hand on it. They teleported aboard the express to where Lily, James, and Saruman awaited them. 

Rose immediately felt dizzy after being teleported so fast. Feeling queasy, Rose opened the window of the train and threw up. She wiped off her mouth before leaning back inside the car. 

James looked up at her as she stood on her seat, "You okay, Rose?" he asked.

Rose nodded, before shooting a mean glance at Albus. "Geez, could you at least warn me next time?" she exclaimed.

Albus just shrugged, avoiding eye contact, he looked in the opposite direction.

Rose sat down in her seat and sighed, still feeling sick from this whole situation. She decided it was best if she just changed the subject. "So," she began, looking at Saruman, "How do you know about our school? How do you know about Hogwarts?"

Just as Saruman was about to reply, he heard a voice boom from the back of the car they were in.

"I think you're in the wrong group."

They all turned and looked at the source of the voice. It was Voldemort, son of Malfoy, with a dark, sinister look on his face. He had his hands folded in his lap. The kids gasped, hiding in the car.

Saruman looked Voldemort dead in the eyes. "My friend, is there a reason why you have to be so dark? Is it because of your father?"

Voldemort chuckled. "Oh, but it is, but what would you know about it? You know, you are nothing but an old man with nothing more to say.

Saruman stood up from his seat, staff in hand. 

James looked up at Saruman and then looked at Voldemort. "Well, you really shouldn't have done that," he said, shaking his head.

"Why," Voldemort asked, seeming unconcerned by the recent developments. Using his dark powers, he pushed James backwards against his seat and then James fell to the ground.

Lilly ran over to help her brother, lifting James to his feet. "You slimy, mangy cacti!" she exclaimed, quoting the Pirates of the Caribbean movie she loved so much.  

James was about to stand and fight, but Saruman held up his arm, telling him to wait. He would have this fight. He would challenge Voldemort himself. 

Just as he was about to run at Voldemort, Saruman felt James tug him back by his robe. "Don't!" James said. Saruman looked down at the boy pulling on his robes. "Please don't, Saruman!" he begged. "He's not important yet."

As he looked back at Voldemort, who began cackling uncontrollably before disappearing into a puff of black smoke.

The threat was gone. For now. 

"Albus, turn to chapter 294..." 

Albus finally turns around. "Grandfather Severus Snape?" Beside his grandfather was Sirius Black and none other than Anakin Skywalker and Gandalf themselves. 

- End of Chapter Four -