[20] Resisting Mr. Player (And Failing)

Start from the beginning

"Oops yourself, you've messed with the wrong guy..." he said, his voice getting dangerously low. He flicked his brush, causing some paint to fall on my apron.

"Kevin you jerk!" I flicked my brush, some paint landed on him. The next minute we both were flicking our brushes at each other, causing splotches of paint to land on each other.

"Stop Kevin!"

"You stop first!"

"No way!"

"This is war!"

We both practically were fighting a splotching-each-other-with-the-paint war.

[Dylan's POV]

I swear if I had to shout like a monster once more in an attempt to scare 'beauty' I would go crazy.

Mrs. Radley shook her head. "Dylan focus! Once more, growl and howl like a beast, you need to scare Beauty"

"C'mon baby, scare me, rawr!" Stacey said.

I rolled my eyes. How can I focus when Alex is back-stage with that brat Kevin? He had started getting to me. His playful flirting with Alex annoyed me. I seriously have no clue though why? Do I like Alex?

No.

Dylan, don't even think about it.

I'm a player and I don't feel for anyone. I don't have petty crushes on girls.

"Can I take a break?" I found myself saying.

Mrs. Radley pursed her lips but nodded. "Okay, go ahead, we'll do the scenes in which you have no role. Beauty's father and sisters, on the stage now!"

I turned to leave. Didn't they have a water cooler somewhere in the room back-stage? I was on my way, when I heard a familiar laugh. My head snapped into that direction. I stared in disbelief as I saw Alex and Kevin laughing, their dresses ruined with paint splotches. They were having so much fun together...I wish I could stay back-stage with Alex while he played my role.

My eyes widened as I realised what I'd just said. And guess what? I had a perfect plan. I turned to head back onto the stage. I went up over to Mrs. Radley.

"Don't you think my back-up Kevin should practice too?"

"Well, you're right, I'll call the back-up's..."

"No I meant, he should practice with Stacey, they should be comfortable with each other too, what if something happened to me during the night of the play? And then maybe Alex can practice with me after that"

"Hmm...you're right. Go call Kevin"

I was more than happy to walk up to Kevin and tell him to go on the stage. After he went off, I grabbed his brush and started painting.

"What are you doing?" I heard Alex's familiar voice with its typical annoyed tone. At least it was better than her ignoring me.

"Kevin's taking my place, I need to take his"

"What for?"

"He's practicing with Stacey, then you and me have to practice" I smirked as I took in her shocked expression. "Get to work Alex!"

Sadly though, after that we didn't talk. It was killing me to be all quiet and stranger-like around her. I wanted to goof around and annoy her, but she was giving me the cold shoulder.

[Alex's POV]

"What are you doing?" Dylan asked as he saw me dragging a wobbly stool.

"I need to paint the top part of the scenery, and since I so obviously can't reach it, I need this stool"

It felt weird talking to Dylan again. We hadn't talked for some time now, it felt awkward. That and the fact that I wanted to kiss him every time my eyes fell on him.

Oh Alex, you are so falling for Dylan.

"Don't you think standing on that stool is dangerous?"

"What's the worst that could happen? I'll end up breaking a bone, which would be good since I'll get to avoid this drama shit"

I got on the stool, and tried to balance myself. Suddenly I felt a strong pair of arms on my waist. I gasped as I glanced at Dylan, he was holding me.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed.

"Looking out for you. I'm sorry if you don't care about you breaking your bones, but I do care about you falling down on your pretty ass"

I gasped again as I took in what he just said, My face got all red. What the--

"Alex, get to work!"

"Whatever, you're not my boss" I started painting, but I couldn't focus not when his hands were on my waist.

Oh god, why did I have to realise I liked him? If I was as clueless as I was a few days back, this would have been relatively easy.

Suddenly, I felt myself slipping. I don't know how that was even possible since Dylan had been holding me firmly, maybe I spaced out. But I was slipping and then falling.

"Aah!" I shrieked. I waited for the cold hard floor to meet my butt, but it never did. I realised someone was holding me. I popped my eyes open and supressed a gasp when I noticed Dylan's gorgeous face hovering dangerously close to mine. Our lips were an inch apart. I just need to lean in a bit and kiss him...I have to...

"Alex?" Dylan's deep voice interrupted my train of thoughts. "You okay?" He asked: sounding concerned.

"I--I'm fine" I mumbled, averting my gaze. Staring into those gorgeous blue-green orbs was the last thing I should be doing now.

"You scared me. How can you fall when I was holding you?"

"Uh...sorry" I said rather sheepishly.

Dylan rolled his eyes and cracked a smile. "Don't ever do that again"

My heart fluttered as he smiled. I'd missed that smile so much. If possible, his smile just brightened my day.

I wanted to ignore the terrible need arising in me to lean forward and kiss him. But I so wanted to feel the taste of his lips again...

As if he could hear me, he leaned closer.

And before I knew what I was doing, I smashed my lips to his.

--------------------------- 

A/N- did you like this? I LOVED this chapter, it was so fun writing it! Alex and Dylan are just too cute together :) Anyway, I just wanted to say, my school's starting this Monday which means the updates would probably get slower. But I'll try to update as soon as I can. This is the story I am leading in. I want to finish it this year :) VOTE plz!

Picture of Kevin on the side! :D