Chapter 5

I wake up gasping from a nightmare about my mother. But this time she was a demon and it was a million times more painful. Like all the pain from ALL the previous beatings, mashed into one beating. It was bad.

But right now, I'm trying to relax my breathing so I don't pass out again. I check next to me once I can think straight and see my brother right next to me. Thank goodness, I think to myself grateful that he's okay and I didn't wake him. I look at the time and it's almost noon. "Jesus Christ, at least I slept," I mumble barely audibly under my breath.

When I look at my brother, I see he's starting to wake up, so I gently grab him and walk out of the room.

My only problem is, I still don't know where I am. I decide to scream, just to see what happens and to finish waking up my brother. "Plug your ears. I'm going to scream...a lot," I tell Alex. He only nods, still in a morning daze, but does as I told him and I scream.

After a while, I stop and hear footsteps. I quickly grab my knife from my shoe and wait in the middle of the hallway.

Eventually, the two giants find us, breathing heavily and on high alert with guns in their hands.

"What the hell happened," Dean/dad guy, what-ever-I'm-supposed-to-call-him-person, asks.

I start laughing a bit, and respond breathlessly, "Absolutely nothing. I was just lost and wanted to see who ever's was still here's reaction to random high-pitched screaming," I explain. Very slowly gathering my composure, might I add.

Sam starts laughing as well and tells him, "Definitely your kid."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," my dad says rolling his eyes. "Wait, do you two like pie," he asks out of no where.

"Ummm...I'm sorry. But what type of question is that? Of course we do," I exclaim with Alex echoing.

"Of course we do!"

We chuckle at that but then I remember that I don't really know them and hide behind my wall again. As a result, my smile falls from my face and I glare at the two.

"What you glaring for? I thought we were having fun," my dad asks.

"For one, are you keeping us. Two, am I supposed to call you dad or Dean? And other tall one, moose, uncle moose, Sam, Sammy, Uncle Sammy, or Uncle Sam? Three, where the hell are we," I finish all in one breath.

"For one, who the hell wouldn't keep you two? Don't answer that. Bad question for you. Anyway, you can call us whatever you're comfortable with. Except for Sammy, he has to answer that one. But I welcome you, to the one and only place that shouldn't exist and actually matters, the Bunker, or as I like to call it; the Bat Cave," my dad finishes with dramatic hand-welcoming gestures. I just nod.

"One last thing, did you know about us," Alex finally talks.

"That's a question I wanted to ask, and please. Be honest, not just what we want to hear," I add.

"Dakota, Alex, you two deserve a home where you are respected and treated well. And no, I had no idea about your existence. So yeah, that's new," my dad answers again.

"Okay, now. Sammy, I don't care what you want you're name to be. You're probably having all the above," I finish with a chuckle. He rolls his eyes but let's out a laugh as well.

We somehow make our way to, what I found out is called the library, again. I think I just figured out why I get lost in here. Anywho, when we get there and all sit down, I hear this flap of wings. I don't think much of it until Alex jumps behind me. I turn around fast enough it would spook even a vampire, only to see some guy in a suit with a trench coat over the top, and not to mention, his amazing blue eyes. But currently, he has his head tilted to the side like a confused puppy. He looks pretty cute, but I don't care if he's cute. I care if he's a threat.

I take out my gun and point it at him when I hear my dad exclaim, "WAIT! Don't shoot! That's our friend Cas. Cas, these are my kids, Dakota and Alex."

I lower my gun at his explanation and nod my head as a hello. I turn my head and see Alex peeking out from behind me. I turn around and pick him up as he buries his head in my neck with his arms around my neck as well.

I turn to the guy and ask, "What are you because you just teleported in here. Last I checked, only demons can do that, so explain. What are you?"

"I'm an Angel of the Lord," he says like its everyday common knowledge.

"No," I start, "That's not possible. That's not okay."

"Why? Why do you refuse to believe there's a God," he asks.

"Because. Over all? Makes life easier. And do me a favor, don't scare me like that!"

"Well," Dean cuts in, "that won't happen because we've tried that. It doesn't work. And also too, there is a God, he's just an ass. He's a sucky author who goes by Chuck."

"Well then, that's just sad," I laugh. Alex climbs out of my arms and to Sam, who's on his laptop. Knowing why he was going over, I smile getting ready to watch his reaction.

"What's up Alex?" Sam was looking at him confused as he climbed into his lap. He then reaches up and starts messing with his hair.

"Your hair feels like Sissy's," he comments and I crack up. Sam looks extremely offended which just makes me laugh harder. I look at Dean to see he's extremely amused and is laughing too.

Sam eventually starts laughing, but decides he's had enough, and puts his nephew on the ground on his feet and starts fixing his hair.

I compose myself enough to talk. "Here," I say and stand behind him while he's still sitting, "I got it," I tell him. I take a hair tie off my wrist and quickly tie his hair into a ponytail.

We all start laughing again, as Cas just seems silently amused by us, and Sam quickly takes the ponytail out.

He walks up to me, and I start backing away, still laughing at what I did and how ridiculous he looked. I my smile falters, but hide it with nervous laughs. And when I get uncomfortable and done with the whole situation, I try running but grabs me, making my squeal in surprise and panic, but he starts running around the room like an actual insane moose.

Eventually, he grabs Alex as well and dad is just laughing at us when Sam drops me off with dad who starts tickling me. It's all just a mess and with my tiny height and weight, I probably weigh as much as an eight year old. He doesn't seem to notice though and that makes me less nervous and I notice Cas chuckling at the situation.

After about a half hour, or a month, I don't know anymore. I'm a bit disoriented. But we end up calming down and finding ourselves in the living room. Alex is asleep on Moose's lap, leaning against his chest while Cas is in the single person seat while I'm sitting next to dad in a comfortable silence while the adults are reading lore and me drawing. What? I found paper and stole a pencil.

I find that my eyes kids keep refusing to stay open and my lines are getting messier, so I give up on it. Something to know about me is, when I'm tired, I don't give a damn about much. I know that we're safe here, at least for now and although I don't trust telling them much of anything, I know I can sleep and trust them enough to not pull anything. So, I end up leaning against my dad, finding myself in a more child-like state and afraid that my mom would come back, I nuzzle myself into his side and under his arm and already 3/4 of the way asleep, just close my eyes and fall into a peaceful and safe-ish sleep.