Chapter 1

Alex and I are currently in our hotel room waiting for our abusive bitch of a mother to get done hunting.

~3 HOURS LATER~

So, it never takes mom this long to finish a hunt. I'm guessing bar. Or if we're lucky? Ditched us, but not this time hopefully 'cause everything we need to live, is with mom.

She takes the food with her for quick hunts so we can't leave. It works, sadly. Not to mention money. But, back to the point. We're bored out of our minds, and when I look over at my little brother, I see he fell asleep.

I chuckle slightly cause only ten minutes ago, did he say that he wasn't tired. Liar. I gently pick him up, and he wakes up enough to see that it's only me, and he closes his eyes again. I set him on the bed, and as soon as I set him down and tuck him in, the door slams open depriving my baby brother from sleep. Great, bitch is back! (Note the sarcasm.)

Mom slams the door close and stares at me for a second and screams, "THE BASTARD GOT AWAY AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

I start backing away in fear, but away from my brother too, hoping she's too drunk to notice. She is.

"I-I-I'm sorry ma'am," I stutter. Why can't I just talk like a normal human being??

"NO YOU'RE NOT, YOU SELFISH LITTLE SLUT," she screams in my face as she slaps me to the ground and kicks me. Is it really necessary for us to have a muscle building job, I question myself while holding back screams of pain as she hits and kicks me, over and over again. My who body shaking with fear making it hurt even when she's catching her breath.

"P-p-ple-please s-stop," I ask with fear and pain clear in my voice. She ignores my plea and just continues.

After what felt like a few hours, but was really like ten to fifteen minutes, she stops and slams on to her bed and quickly falls asleep. While I just lay there, on the ground mind you, falling asleep till morning.

~~~TIME SKIP TO MORNING ~~~

When I wake up, I immediately look around searching for my mother. I don't see her anywhere and the bathroom light is off. I slowly get up, still in a lot of pain, an look out the window to find the car gone. And in her place, I see a nicely maintained, 1967 Chevy Impala with two giants(?) climbing out of it. Must be a family car 'cause I don't think two extremely tall people would buy that short of a car. Much less find one, unless they just like classics. And why does the shorter(ish) of the two look so familiar, I think to myself. The taller of the two stares at me for a while and I abruptly close the curtains blocking his view.

I turn around and, thankfully, find my brother still in bed. I walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower cleaning up, not having a clue as to where mom could be. I jump out and get dressed into my boot cut jeans, black combat boots, a gray tank top, and a black/white/gray flannel. I pack mine and my brother's clothes. I then wake up my brother.

"What's going on," my brother questions with a confused look on his face.

"We're running away, now are you coming or not," I answer shortly cause I don't have much patience right now.

Already knowing his answer, I slide his shoes on him and carry him out the door, making sure to lock the door behind me.

I hope this works, I think to myself. But not even half way across the parking lot, I notice the taller guy from earlier jogging up to me. Not caring for what he wants, and already being on panic/alert mode, I start sprinting the other direction hearing a faint, "DEAN," coming from behind me.

I ignore it and start sprinting into the woods with my brother in my arms, forgetting about everything but keeping my brother safe from any harm. Which includes a lot more than normal people when you're a hunter...