surprise. | Chapter 2

"Suwa... Nanaka?" you repeated, looking at the girl in front of you.

She nodded, gulping a bit, "That is correct, why?"

"Ahh, I see. What a cute name."

Suwawa was surprised for several reasons.

First, she was surprised she even gave out her name in the first place, but back there it felt like she could trust you. You just seemed like a clumsy, down to earth kind of girl, or maybe she was just naturally too trusting with people.

Second, she was surprised about your reaction. It was no secret that the whole Love Live franchise, in which she is a part of, is one of the most popular franchises in Japan right now. But here you were, unfazed when she introduced herself.

"Ah, is there something on my face?" your voice snapped her out of her confused train of thought.

Suwawa only shook her head, regaining her calm composure, smiling at you, "Not at all. Was I staring at something?"

You giggled, "Yeah, you were staring at me."

"I-I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's alright."

Wanting to continue the conversation, Suwawa replied, "So, what brings you to Japan, (L/N)-san?"

You took a bite off your sandwich before replying, "Oh, um, it's a long story with some family drama." Not wanting to pry further, Suwawa only nodded. "How about you, Suwa-san, what brings you to this humble cafe?"

"I actually live in Tokyo, but I thought it would be a nice change of pace to just relax here, considering the fact that Tokyo is bustling most of the time." she proceeded to eat her slice of chocolate cake.

Your phone suddenly rang. You quickly grabbed it from your pocket and answered the call. It was your friend who was diligently waiting for you back in Shibuya.

"Ah, looks like my friend is calling me." you laughed cheekily as you knew what was coming next.

"(F/N)! Where are you?" an understandably angry voice spoke from the other end.

You apologized, "I... Kind of got lost?"

"I can't believe you!" your friend replied. "You're supposed to be some kind of child genius, aren't you?"

You laughed, "Hey, hey, everyone makes mistakes, you know?"

"Where are you now, anyway?"

"Shinjuku."

An exasperated sigh escaped her lips, "Should I come to pick you up?"

"Ah, there's no need, trust me. I'll call you if I need any help."

"Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Have some faith in me, Mio." you replied, reassuringly.

"Hng... Fine, make sure to come here in one piece."

You laughed again, "Yeah, yeah, I will. Bye." you ended the call, subconsciously smiling.

"Who was that?" Suwawa asked, smiling knowingly.

Realizing what her smile meant, you blushed a bright pink, "N-No! It's not what you think. It was my friend in Shibuya."

"Ah, do you have to go now?"

You shook your head, "Nah, I told her I'll be fine. After all, you're here." you cheekily smiled.

Suwawa smiled back, she had to admit, she was enjoying the feeling of talking to someone without getting treated like a celebrity.